No announcement yet.

My B.emilia Sweet ot Dumb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol.. i wonder wot wud happen if u tried... i know my smithi wouldnt mind lol..

my gf doenst mind them really... shes a bit more scared of my smithi now its more or less doubled... possibly trippled in size over the last few months... but she finds the versicolor cute.. until it jumps lol. sometimes she says goodbye and hello to them b4 me, so i know she doesnt hate them lol

Comment

As soon as a tickle her rump she darts in 2 her burrow lol

Thats good that ur gf doesn't mind them and I think most people kinda feel more relaxed with them over time, Even my kids friends go take a look at them and ask how they r now that their used 2 them

Comment

yeah, ive managed to get quite a few people into them.. they woulnt keep them as pets... but there less scared of them. my gf had a fear of them before i got my smithi, but when it escaped in my bedroom (lol) , i tracked it down, and i let her hold it. (i understand that the bts has a no handing rule, but as you know some times holding them is neccary, it was held under my supervision at ground level for a couple of seconds, then it walked off into its box (basically it used her hand as a very low bridge if you like)- which was then put into its viv) And since she held it, its cured her fear of them. some people dont want to know, but i enjoy spreading the word, and giving out good vibes around the town.
        the pub where i work, im known as spiderman, and often speak to customers about them when they show an interest and ask questions. got to keep giving them a good name
        i suppose the best thing would be to introduce them at a young age, i know i will cirtainly do that. might even gives talks to primary schools once my gf gets her teaching degree

Comment

I think thats such a nice feeling when u can make some1 feel relaxed around a critter they had previously feared. I know the BTS has a no handling rule but guess its each 2 their own, I do handle my T's but usually when i'm re-housing them and they appear calm (the T's safety comes 1st) hence why the last time I re-housed my Cyriopagopus sp and Chromatopelma cyaneopubescen it was a straight swap of enclosures. Mind my Grammostola rosea often wonders out of her enclosure when I'm doing any necessary cleaning.
          Yeah it is wonderful 2 c children with any critters, I took a few of Spiders, scorpions, Snakes and Beetles 2 show my grandaughters class a few weeks ago, the kids loved it and I ended up showing the year above them 2. The funny thing was 2 see the kids sooooooooo amazed and my grandaughter was like 'whats all the fuss about' lol

Comment

lol. yeah i would like to take them to schools etc one day... "spread the hairy love" as it were... lol. need a few more first tho. allthough.... that is a good excuse to get more.... cos ill be taking them to schools to make young people more aware of the fact there not horrible creepy crawlies

Comment

Working...
            X