new little scorplings... sooo cute!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hoping to make that camping trip Lisa and Matt
    i got a couple of them as well, cute little things. will check tonight to see if they've had a munch.
    they aren't often for sale so nice to have nabbed some there at such a good price!
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

right i've emailed the BAS and will post their reply so everyone knows

Comment

i got 2 , they are so tiny,

Comment

Right for those who were interested.

I rang medway ports and they said that after the events of 9/11 they cannot allow the general public on site. The only way we could see them is if we were part of a film crew for a documentary.

GUTTED!!!!!

So anyone who is planning on doing a bit for TV PRETTY PLEASE give me a shout I'll gladly be camera woman lmao! Or the Tea lady... or anything lmao!

Comment

the events of 9/11? sorry, but that's just a tad lame.
            anyways...
            there are other places where these scorpions are found though, i am sure!
            Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
            -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->

Comment

I know... we will just have to find another colony that isn't on Port land!

Got a reply back from BAS:-

Lisa,

My initial research suggests that there is no protection, which would fit in with its status as an alien. I have checked protected specis lists and Biodiversity Action Plans - no mention anywhere, so I think that you will have no problems.

The other group that you might try is the Environment Agency; I know that they are at present trying to license the collecting of Signal Crayfish, to reduce the spread of the disease they carry, but I cannot see that this will apply in nay way.

Hoping that this helps

John Partridge

So it looks like we are ok to acquire some specimens if we can get to any lol... which is proving difficult!

Comment

Working...
              X