My spider family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My spider family

There has been another addition to my collection this week so I thought it was time to take some new snaps.

"Cherokee" - G. Rosea RCF (female)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Cherokee.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	96011

"Cadbury" - B. Albopilosum

Name:	Cadbury.jpg
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	96012

"Apache" - Aphonopelma New River sp. (female)

Name:	Apache.jpg
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	96013

Three nice spiders.
    I'd forgotten how scruffy albops look at that age, been a long time since i've had one that size.

Maybe some form of Avicularia would make a nice next addition
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
      Three nice spiders.
      I'd forgotten how scruffy albops look at that age, been a long time since i've had one that size.

Maybe some form of Avicularia would make a nice next addition
      The albop is a scruffy, fluffy little thing isn't he? Haha.

Funny you should say that about the Avic..... my other half had agreed that I could have 3 spiders and after that, no more! Then only the other day he saw a picture of what he described as "a blue spider with pink feet" and announced that I simply must get one of those for No 4 as he loves it. Haha. Seems I won't need to do any arm twisting to grow my collection.

I shall wait until the spring now before I go looking for any more, but Avic Metallica or maybe an Avic Versicolor is definitely on the cards.
      Last edited by Sarah Willis; 18-11-10, 11:58 AM.

Comment

I see you got your Aphonopelma "New River" along with a bare bum still she looks gorgeous.

A cracking little (and ever growing) collection.

Chris.

Comment

Just thought I would post a new pic of my Albop - I checked on him yesterday evening and found he had moulted while I was at work. Here he is having a stretch. Couple of hours after this he was scampering about and looking comparatively huge to what he was the day before!

Name:	Cadbury Dec 2010 moult.jpg
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	94028

Comment

Latest picture of "Cadbury" my Albop just after last moult in May.

Name:	CadburyMay2011.jpg
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	94160

Comment

Well, other half changed his tune about how many spiders get to live at our house! I got 2 A.Versi slings earlier in the year and he decided to claim them as his own. I managed to convince him that since he had half-inched my new additions I should get to replace them with something else, haha!

I quickly added a beautiful 1.5 inch N.Chromatus ("Myra") and A.Geniculata sling ("Nugget"). Haven't got suitable photos of these two yet, but here's a picture of "Apache" - a little different from when I got her a year ago with her little bare bum. She surprised me with a moult just a couple of weeks ago and I found her strutting about showing off her new coat!

Name:	Apache October 2011.jpg
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	94224

Comment

Working...
              X