Brachypelma Boehmei breeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brachypelma Boehmei breeding

I bred my B. boehmei after bumping into Gill/doomgerbs at Kempton last year. She had a nice active male seeking girl with GSOH

I put 2 faunariums inside my large breeding tank, opened the lids after giving them some shark tanking, and watched. It didnt take long for this male to get on his toes and into the females den and quite quickly they were stroking each others legs and getting it on.

After the event the female went into the males enclosure and stayed there for about a week, even after removing the male from the tank. Which begs the question, whats with the "don't abandon their home?".

I got a good view of the females epigastric furrow after the event, and interestingly managed to grab a pic of the males' emboli with sperm.

After reading Craig's reply to the B. smithi thread I think I may start raising the humidity in a couple of weeks. Fingers crossed

My Collection - Summer 2011

Wow Pete those pics are awsome, i wish i could find a girl for my Acanthoscurria Geniculata his well mature now !!! his got big hooks, and massive front bulbs ready to punch anything that moves...lol anyway i hope top see you in that show in Kent at the end of this month

Comment

how long since he matured?
      I may have some willing ladies

Comment

hi! a month ago molted!! how i can tell for sure if his mature? i can clearly see the massive bulbs, and hooks, and is very active, at the moment!

Comment

Paolo, if he has the hooks and bulbs he's fully mature. Get him in, or out there

Comment

Tell me when and where to take him for a good time and i will. Ive never try breeding or loan out before...lol but i am defo up for it hahaha thats sound so goddam wrong....and rude hahah

Comment

If you're going to SEAS you could bring it there or drop it round, I'm still at the same place.

Comment

I will drop it round, if its ok with u just tell me what day is best to do so, the only thing is that i dont remember your door number..lol

Comment

I'm 111, I'm in this week and I'm gigging in Hornchurch on Saturday night so if you come around on Saturday try to make it between 1 and 2.

Comment

I'm working from 8 to 12:30 i will try to make it b4 2, hopefully my geniculata, will be easy to put it in a plastic tub

Comment

Working...
                    X