ID:	96155Click image for larger version

Name:	Aphonopelma sp. new river.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	96154Click image for larger version

Name:	Nhandu chromatus.jpg
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	96170My Collection so far minus 2 of my slings Brachypelma smithi and Brachypelma emilia due to being too small to photo at mo

Lovely looking collection

Comment

Thank you Emma love my T's hard to pick a favourite though can't stop watching them beat fish any day of the week! could sit n watch them creep about their tanks all night!

What T's do you have?

Comment

Nice collection there Simon.
        Some of the spiders substrates look to be a bit on the wet side to me.

If you are in woolwich, you're not too far away from me

Comment

Thank you Peter

Yeah your right some of the substrate was a bit damp and had a bit of a fly problem in some of the tanks but after a bit of research it advised to dry out the tanks a few are still a bit damp where the T's keep throwing their water bowls about so have decided they may not like them so removed them for now to let them dry out a bit I keep the Spiderling tanks damp then let them dry before dampening them again and lightly mist the substrate and one wall for my avics wasn't to sure about them at first but got 1 n fell in love with it love the way it glides around the tank ended up getting another 3 different avics can't wait to see my Versicolor grow seen pics of adults and WOW!

Yeah I'm in woolwich on the plumstead Borders all my T's came from charlton reptiles which I found out get most of theirs from the spider shop was gonna get a few from there for my birthday but are closed for relocation, where abouts are you? And do you have any recommendations on where to purchase some great T's or suggestions for possible next purchase wish I ordered the Homeomma blue large a real beauty but it's sold now but fingers crossed I find another out there

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Brown View Post
            Yeah I'm in woolwich on the plumstead Borders all my T's came from charlton reptiles
            WOW, you must be rich buying retail from from a shop ! ! ! LOL
            I dont think I've bought a spider from a shop in over 20 years.

which I found out get most of theirs from the spider shop was gonna get a few from there for my birthday but are closed for relocation,
            Wait until they reopen ! ! !

where abouts are you?
            I'm in Welling, just a few miles down the road.

And do you have any recommendations on where to purchase some great T's
            Do what everyone else does . . . search the classifieds daily

suggestions for possible next purchase
            As there are about 900+ known species out there, it will depend on what you like.
            Old world ? New world ? Terrestial ? Arborial ? Pet holes ? Out on show ? There are sooooooooo many to pick from

Comment

no I'm far from rich and Charton reptiles are overpriced compared to the spider shop but I have had a few deals from them n plenty of things thrown in with purchases like food, shelters even a Chaco sling but they don't have anything I fancy at the mo, looking at new world mainly terrestrial that is quite docile and not such a hair kicker

Am gutted about TSS temporarily closing down but after looking around the local shops I'm thinking I'd be best to wait

Im really loving the avics at the mo so may get some more of them but as for the other aboreals like p metalica im don't feel experienced enough n my missus doesn't want anything too aggressive or with potent venom due to the kids am looking for a tiger rump and was looking for skeleton tarantula but after reading more about them again may not be experienced enough but I'm fastly getting addicted and am more n more fascinated by my little beauties each day

Welling is literally just up the road, see your a breeder any nice slings available have a mm curly hair that produced a sperm web about 3 weeks back if you have a female be nicefor him to get laid before he pegs it breaks my heart to see him pace his tank looking for a mate when I know I don't have one n was a bit wary of posting him out still a great eater n my biggest T so far

Comment

am looking for a tiger rump and was looking for skeleton tarantula but after reading more about them again may not be experienced enough
                Skeleton ? Do you mean Ephebopus murinus ?

How much experience do you need to keep a hole ?
                I have 2 now and have never seen them since getting them in May.
                They have both made a nice Oak leaf turret entrance to their holes but apart from throwing in a few roaches every week I wouldnt know that i have them. Likewise the C. fasciatum, another pet hole

see your a breeder any nice slings available

Me ? A breeder ? I wasnt the last time I looked LOL. I have a few spiders and have bred some over the years but I'm not a breeder. If fact, I've only been back in the hobby since about April.

Is that cotton wool i see in with the smithi ?

Comment

Yes i meant E. Murinus couldn't remember the Latin names and didnt want to embarrass myself by getting it wrong lol I've heard their real fast and Aggressive but don't always burrow jon3800 on YouTube has one that took a shelter and always out was first T looked at but by time I got the go ahead had been sold was hoping to get a along but again sold out and wasn't delivered

I assumed you were a breeder as I looked at your profile and saw you were part of the breeder group plus I read all your threads and saw you had breed a few

No wasn't cotton wool was tissue how my smithi came when I bought it charlton reptiles do it with all their slings and small juvies I took them all out when you replied To my first ever thread on here and said it was worst thing to do I looked bit further and found it breeds bacteria that could kill the T so have never continued and merely mist my slings lightly on the wall and give the juvies a small bottle cap so again I thank you for that advise was appreciated and got me out of what could of been a mislead novice mistake

Comment

Friday was my Birthday and was lucky enough to get a few more T's
                    I got a G. rosea sling, a G. rosea Red Colour Form Sub adult, A. sp "suriname" Juvie, A. geroldi sling and my favourite out of these a P. metallica juvie!!!!

My P. Metallica

Click image for larger version

Name:	my P. metallica.jpg
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	94206Click image for larger version

Name:	My P. metallica2.jpg
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	94200Click image for larger version

Name:	My P. Mettalica1.jpg
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	94201

My G rosea Red Colour Form

Name:	My Grammostola rosea RCF.jpg
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	94205

My G. rosea sling

Name:	My Grammostola rosea.jpg
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	94204

My A. geroldi (ignore the tissue was removed soon after! how they came)

Name:	My A. Geroldi.jpg
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	94202

My A. sp "Suriname"

Name:	My A. sp Suriname.jpg
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	94203

So as you can see this years Birthday was a good one, love my Pokie so stunning these picture really dont do it justice though

Comment

Working...
                    X