Asian male.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asian male.

Ok here is a first (except its on the T-store site also) and from what I hear there is no other photo of male of this species to be found anywhere
    Any guesses what it could be? Yes I do know some of you know btw.

Cyriopagopus SP Singapore "blue" ?

Comment

Hi,

'think could be a "Phormingochilus" cf. everetti male!

Cheers, Volker
      --------------------------------------
      The only relationship you can have with a tarantula is a deep intellectual one! - Jim Friedman -

Comment

Be carefull with an attempt of identification with a simple pix

Comment

Originally posted by kap
          Be carefull with an attempt of identification with a simple pix
          Hi,

Did I told that I've made my assumption on the shown picture?
          Be careful with an attempt of interpret my identifications from my statements! :P

Cheers, Volker
          The only relationship you can have with a tarantula is a deep intellectual one! - Jim Friedman -

Comment

Hey Volker you might just be on to something there.
            But maybe not so much Phormingochilus as it has tibial hooks and I think you once told me that Phormingochilus males don't have these.
            Lucky you used the " "eh .

Comment

Originally posted by Tescos
              Hey Volker you might just be on to something there.
              But maybe not so much Phormingochilus as it has tibial hooks and I think you once told me that Phormingochilus males don't have these.
              Lucky you used the " "eh .
              Hi clever Chris!

Well, maybe you misunderstood me or I haven't told the situation good enough. Pocock had examined an Ornithoctoninae male which had no Tibial Spurs and he assumed that it belongs to Phormingochilus everetti, but there is no scientific evidence for that assumption! The male was without any nearer locality and it also didn't belong to the same collection where the female Material from Ph. everetti belongs to. You maybe remember what I've told to you - concerning your male and the Species Phorm. everetti - on the motorway in Holland at 4 o'clock in the Morning, when we came back from the BTS lecture Weekend? If so, you know why I wrote Phormingochilus in quotation marks!

Cheers, Volker

Comment

Hi Opa Volker

Sure I remember what you said concerning my male (the most at any rate it was 4 in the morning lol), but I never relised this bit you wrote.

Pocock had examined an Ornithoctoninae male which had no Tibial Spurs and he assumed that it belongs to Phormingochilus everetti, but there is no scientific evidence for that assumption! The male was without any nearer locality and it also didn't belong to the same collection where the female Material from Ph. everetti belongs to.
                Very intresting I had always assumed the male he looked at had come from the same place as mine but he had made an error when looking at it.

Cheers and all the vest
                The clever one.

Comment

Originally posted by Tescos
                  Very intresting I had always assumed the male he looked at had come from the same place as mine but he had made an error when looking at it.

Cheers and all the vest
                  The clever one.
                  Good morning!

Pocock wrote concerning the presumable Phormingochilus everetti male:"In addition to the types of the two above-described species the British Museum has a third specimen, a male, from Borneo, which is, I think, probably the male of Everetti. [...] Unlike the male of Omothymus, there is no trace of a process on the tibia of the first leg." The Ph. everetti Type was collected by Mr. Everett, wheras this male was collected by Mr. Arthur Adams. So, you see that they have nothing to do with each other. Because of the fact that I'm nearly sure to know what Phormingochilus everetti is in reality and because of the fact that I know to which Genus your male belongs to, I would be very surprised, if the real Ph. everetti male lacks tibial Spurs!
                  Apart from that, it would be really interesting to find out to which Genus/Species the male without the tibial spurs belongs to!

Cheers, Volker

Comment

Originally posted by Volker von Wirth
                    If so, you know why I wrote Phormingochilus in quotation marks!
                    Hi Volker,
                    You've tipped your hat my friend!! I think I could take a fairly good guess what's to happen with this genus.....

But, this then creates a question, where do tibial spurs fit, are they as informative as previously thought? perhaps......geez I'd like to see your recent cladistic analysis!!! I hope your old friend doesn't read these, something needs to be done about him, it is getting beyond a bad joke.

Waiting for your private mail too, but please send to digdown2001@yahoo.com, until I get this new ISP sorted out.

Take care,
                    Steve
                    Australian Tarantulas website
                    http://www.thedailylink.com/australiantarantulas

Comment

Working...
                    X