X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ephebopus cyanognathus

Couple of piccies.

~Neil
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Webmasters Comment:
    The BTS does not recomend the handling of tarantulas, the society has a non handling policy. This is to protect the tarantula formost, and the owner secondly.

However even though the BTS does not support such activities the pictures will remain for now. Please do not post handling pictures on this site, as I do not wish to have to offend you when I remove them.

Neil I truly nice speciem you have there, it would have looked a lot better on a leaf.

Mark Pennell
    BTS Webmaster
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Marks info, i took the picture down as it was irresponsible, and i replaced it with a nice leaf picture
    And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Sorry Mark. Was photographing her in the bath while cleaning the tank. Stops her getting away as she is quite nippy. Ran up my arm and sat still, so i just had to get the picture. Wont be doing it again, as i've seen how far she can jump and i dont want to lose her.

~Neil
    And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Richardson
      Sorry Mark. Was photographing her in the bath while cleaning the tank. Stops her getting away as she is quite nippy. Ran up my arm and sat still, so i just had to get the picture. Wont be doing it again, as i've seen how far she can jump and i dont want to lose her.

~Neil
      Hi Neil.

Exactly the same happened to me when I got my first cyanognathus. Tried to get it to pose, it bolted up the chopstick, up my back, over my shoulder and down the other arm. Decided to snap it on the spot just incase it never sat still again!

Mentally fast little devils.

Comment

Does yours jump a couple of feet in a single jump as well?
        Mine does at times, but it'll also sit perfectly still in the bathtub while the tank is misted / cleaned and not flinch.

Does yours burrow at all?? Mine has just made a home under a piece of bark and lined it with a fair bit of web. No actual digging though.

Comment

Lately, she's decided that she is a burrower after all.

Seems to be even more fast than ever. Runs out of the burrow to snap up food as soon as it hits the ground. Far better feeder than my large genic in that respect.

Also comes out to investigate the waterbowl being filled.

Comment

Ours are evil fast little devils and one has done several laps of the T room before being captured! When I unpacked our first one I was trying to take a pic of it nxt to a ruler and even tho it was only 1cm ish it repeatedly bit the ruler! Lunatic little things they are!
            Fab 2 pics ya got their Neil keep em coming!

Comment

Thanks Layla.

I find opening the tank lid in the bathtub is the best course of action. It soon settles down and sits still in the bath and gives you time to do tank maintainance in peace and quiet.

Had it escape once in the room, went under the fitted ward-drobes, which i then had to carefully dismantle to get it back!

[edit added picture]

All we ever see of her these days

Comment

Actually my kiwi which Neil has been showing off so nicely here, is not as bad as yours Layla, She is more stubborn than anything. If she's extra gruppy and can be bothered, she might throw a threat pose but its not common for her to do so unless she's been really provoked. She also is alot calmer now when it comes to misting, tank maintainance and feeding, and after her first reaction will just sit there and wait till we put her back in her tank. She is also a impressive feeder to watch and will take more than one cricket at a time given a chance.

Comment

My little devil

Comment

awww they are so cute at that age I missed that bit with my little madam. she is going to end up eatting me out of house and home if she does not calm down food wise soon.

Comment

I know what you mean Sarah they eat for Britain! Its good to see tho. And fast growers too. We have one large sling and one slightley smaller.
                      Definatlye worth getting as slings. At least you know yours is a girl lol!

Nice pics Niko.

Neil the most we ever get to see of ours is a leg and thats only when we shine the torch in the burrows to see!

Comment

grins true well I dont know 100% she isfemale I never managed to get her to stay still long enough I will be sexing her for definate well without skin tonight tho. And right now with the 35 slings I already have I am not sure I could cope with blue fang slingsd as well.

Comment

Need a skin for deffo moult tho

Comment

Nods to dam true I wish she would hurry up and get on with it so I can be 100% sure. I must admit the colouring and abdermon so far seem to indicate that kiwi is a she tho, I just wish I had a skin already the waiting is starting to drive me mad.

Comment

well kiwi being the sweety she was co operated nicely and I good a good long look at her abdermon and I am now 99% sure its a girl I just need a skin to be totally sure and as shes starting to plump up nicely I hope it wont be to long now before I have one. What are yours like before a moult food and temper wise Layla?

Comment

Working...
                              X