X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some eggsac pics

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens

Tapinauchenius gigas

T. gigas pulled and opened. It was good.

Re: Some eggsac pics

Well done on the GBB sac mate!

Any advice regarding breeding these?

Sent using a mix of mind control and magic.

Comment

Originally posted by M Bills View Post
      Well done on the GBB sac mate!

Any advice regarding breeding these?

Sent using a mix of mind control and magic.
      I'm still trying to get it all worked out. So far I've had best luck by placing a clean piece of wood in the female's cage and setting the male on that. It seems when he's on something that isn't coated with her web he is more likely to court and mate with the female. She comes to him, they mate, and he runs out of her cage. If I just set him in her cage the probability of him surviving decreases dramatically.

Comment

Ive mated both of mine, over several periods of 3-4 hours each. Took a lot of patience but I might try your trick next time.

However, getting them to drop a sac seems quite hard, I managed it once but not for these 2. What were your temps and did you increase humidity?

please and thanks
        My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Lacey View Post
          Ive mated both of mine, over several periods of 3-4 hours each. Took a lot of patience but I might try your trick next time.

However, getting them to drop a sac seems quite hard, I managed it once but not for these 2. What were your temps and did you increase humidity?

please and thanks
          I keep the invert room at 79-81 degrees year round. I don't do any flooding or temp swaps or anything like that. Just keep them well fed and about 3-4 months (if I recall correctly - I haven't checked the records to see how exact that number is) later the eggsacs came.

Comment

Working...
          X