No announcement yet.

ANOTHER feeding question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive used black crickets on many of my tarantulas and seem fine to use, as far as been carniverous, the brown crickets also can be carniverous if not fed on fruit veg and oats many times seen canibals amongst the crickets. But on the topic of feeding the black cricket i find no probs in fact i find them easier because they dont seem to hop and jump around not nearly as much as the brown ones do making them easier to pick up and handle also gives slings more of a chance sometimes the browns get a little too hyperactive for the slings specially when the temp is high.

Comment

I first started keeping Ts when I was 18 19 and had 2 in my room without my parents knowing then when I was about too move out to get my own place I told them I had them ages and have many more now its my fiance that has to put up with the spiders arriving by post. I have to wait till get a place with spare room before can start getting snakes.

Comment

It's certainly addictive. I think maybe more so as I USED to keep them so long ago. I have to say, things have moved on so much; in just 15 years or so, names have changed, ideas on best care etc have changed and the 'favoured' species have most definitely changed... when I last kept T's Poecilotheria were just hitting the hobby, now they seem to be the 'sought-after' species! If you mentioned 'pokeys' back then, I don't think anyone would have known what you meant!

Wagon Wheels were bigger too, and chicken tasted like chicken!
        Lasiodora parahybana

Comment

yes ive noticed that once you have one T you start geining more and more. my first was a adult b.smithi that my friends mum wouldnt let him keep i the house so i had it. now my misses bought me a sub-adult g.rosea a month or 2 ago and my mum has just bought me a b.smithi sling and ive got 2 more T's comming for christmas from friends.

im lucky as i have my bedroom with a nice 4'x2' alcove which i am curently having viv's built to fit. i can roughly fit 3-4 viv's next to each other(the ceiling is a bit of a limit though)
          Reptile Rescue Hull Volunteer,
          Invert Rescue Hull manager,

A.avicularia, G.rosea, B.smithi, B.albopilosa
          P.murinus, H.lividum, L.parahybana, C.cyaneopubescens

Comment

yeh im hooked luckily my parents are cool about it.

I always wanted snakes or spiders when I was little and loved going to Bristol Zoo just for the bug and reptile house but I was never allowed one.

last year I decided to get a Tarantula mainy because they were cheap easy to look after and I had always liked them so went and got one and put it in the lounge my mum and sister hated them but my dad quite liked her after a few weeks she was still in the lounge and thats where she stayed, my mum drew the line at 2 in the lounge so the rest are in my room.

I got a corn snake the other day and my parents are getting me another to go in the tank for christmas so they cant mind that much, they dont know that a Boa Constrictor is next on my list of snakes lol
            The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

Pretty cool parents my mum insisted that I can get all the snakes I want when I get my own place now that I do I have to wait till we have a house with spare room so my GF dont have to see the snakes. Also for any of the younger guys out there when you move out your parents to get your own place you dont have to worry about the landlord and the tenancy agreement as a few spiders arent lised as being a pet and there easily hidable. Your quite right about being a cheap easy pet to look after but its stops getting cheap when you get the bite (sorry for the pun) and want to collect more much like tattoos, dvds or just about anything you collect that takes your interest.

Comment

Working...
              X