considering purchasing my first T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew Young View Post
    hi the reason for the light is that if i decide to use real plants bamboo for example these do need the light and it would be set on a timer for day and night with say 16hours light 8 dark in summer then 10/14 in winter, I may not go with this but i like the idea of having live plants. the light is a red spectrum and imitates sunlight. i would like to use a red coloured light for viewing at night but as i said it is all ideas at the moment and the finished article may be far from this, thanks for your input.
    Andy
    If you want lights for the plants youre gonna need grolights, which are full spectrum lights.Household lights are short spectrum,lacking in UV and IR that plants get from sunlight.
    Not sure if those are the lights you meant tho.
    My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
    Ray Gabriel

Comment

hi larry thanks for ur input, the lights i'm considering are envirolites (not household) they come in both 125w and 200w red spectrum for flowering phase of plants and blue spectrum for the vegetive phase as opposed to hps lights (full spectrum) they don't generate much heat at all and there is no need for ballasts. They also have various reflective hangers to suit. here is a link and i think you will get a better picture of these.

this is also just an idea I would appreciate a link to the grolites you are speaking of to compare both.

Thanks again Andy.

Ps. Ive found a local supplier for locusts £2.50 per box and feeder cockroach 5.99 per box unfortunately he doesn't stock brown crickets

Comment

Just like to say very nice photos you have there Larry loving the macro

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Young View Post
          Just like to say very nice photos you have there Larry loving the macro
          Thanks Andrew!
          Now those lights look the bizness! Never realised they were so big! Look like a giant version of the light we have in the kitchen!
          My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
          Ray Gabriel

Comment

Working...
          X