Chaco Golden Knee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi Riana,

welcome to the hobby with mine I found that at the start it was all over the place and pretty much ignored its hide, but it soon settled down, still ignoring its hide, until the first time it molted with me and it burried itsself in its hide, and now it has taken to it quite well, so I'd give it a bit of time. although saying that its flowerpot has just been flipped upside down so... perhaps it doesnt like it again lol, and mine is the same as someone else commented, always filling its water bowl up

Also I'd check, is the substrate nice and dry?

As for the growth speed, I have found that mine has almost caught up with my juv rosie, both have molted twice since I have had them and its certainly growing faster.

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Hmmm,
      Thanks for that Stuart...

As for the substrate...
      "Nice and dry?" Omw!! I was told that it should be 'damp enough to clump'.

Nevermind, I've got like a cork-like-type at the bottom to keep the water, whilst the top is the coconut-variety and a summat dry-ish.

After reading this, I have half a mind to actually fill the terarrium a bit more to make it summat smaller. It is currently a 30 x 30 x 30cm and filled in only a quarter at the bottom.

Either way, it is day one, and I am sure it will only get better from here on.. I must admit though, I am in love...

X X X
      R
      I am but a mere mortal with dreams of grandeur!

Comment

Right, Madam has settled, and now I am about to ask the daftest question (I am sure) as a n00b - if the burrowed into the coconut shell... and they covered (and spun) the entrance closed... will it come out and eat? I don't want to disturb it.. but I am clue-less as to "WHAT NOW?" lol.

Motherly instinct says "Nevermind, it will come out when its hungry" - not sure if this is the correct way though.

Too many thoughts, very very new, and feeling rather ignorent for asking.

x x x
        R
        I am but a mere mortal with dreams of grandeur!

Comment

Hi there!

Originally posted by Riana Sinclair View Post
          Motherly instinct says "Nevermind, it will come out when its hungry"
          Correct.
          Some of my T´s were burrowed for about four months. In this time, they didn´t get anything to eat. I didn´t feed before they came out of their hideout.

Greetings,

Aaron
          DeArGe e.V.
          ARACHNE - The journal of the DeArGe e.V.
          My collection
          My homepage

Comment

Working...
          X