Dyskenetic syndrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nicoladolby View Post
    This has to be the most riveting thread I've ever read here, but can I make a few points?
    First is anyone here planning to do a study into this deseise, so we can find a cure? I know Richard Gallon and Ray Gabriel have been doing a large study with dead tarantula specimens, have they had any dyskenetic specimens and noticed any difference from the "norm"? Clearly hydration is an issue, so would this indicate a bacterial infection? Or is the dehydration a side product brought on by the theraphosid's immune system like humans getting a "temperature when our bodies fight a cold (do tarantulas have an immune system as such?) On the subject of humane killing then obviously the quicker the better, but not at all if it can be avoided. On the subject of killing for food, that steak I'm going to eat tonight was a cow and someone killed that cow for food. Anyone who doesn't like killing for food (as long as its as quick and as humane as possible) don't eat steak!!! Tigers kill antellope as quickly as possible to conserve energy, I doubt they give a damn about the antellope's feelings on the matter. Finally Richard there are lots of barmy organisations as you say, But not all of us interested in animal welfare are two sandwiches short of a picnic (proud member of the RSPCA speaking). Phew, I think that covers most things.
    Having been witness to quite a few kills in the African bush, I can tell you that nature doesn't always kill swiftly. I have watched lions kill a buffalo and eat it for 4 hours while it was still alive and various other instances which were similarly horrific. I can only assume that at a certain point adrenaline or something else nullifies the pain??/

Comment

My sincerest condolences, it's never pleasant having one of your tarantulas die, my brachypelma smithi passed away a few months ago.

Comment

sorry to hear that
        i had to bury it tonight, it was dead when i got home. so that's over, and at least it didn't suffer for long.
        absolutely gutted.
        Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
        -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

sorry too hear that fella

Comment

cheers matey.
            these things happen, but it's especially frustrating when you've put some effort in to help!
            Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
            -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->

Comment

"The easiest and most humane (if there is such a thing) way is to pop it into a small plastic tub and place it in the freezer over night.". I'm still thinking on it. But thanks everyone for sharing his comments. Some ambiguity is still there. But
              it will be considered disgusting, so I'm not going to share it.
              regardsClarkston gym and fitness
              Last edited by Jevon Nie; 14-04-12, 02:05 PM.

Comment

WOW another thread from the graveyard LOL

You do like digging into the dark depths of yesteryear dont you.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Roach View Post
                  WOW another thread from the graveyard LOL

You do like digging into the dark depths of yesteryear dont you.

I really feel the need to go to Clarkston Gym and Fitness

Comment

Working...
                  X