This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ray Gabriel View Post
    What a generous person you are, 122 posts in 6 months i make it ................a long time till the freebie goes out.

What happened to the eggsac you showed on the 28/06/07 post no 26 on this thread?

And post no 27 when you say

I have about 145 spiderlings,

Has anyone recieved any of these spiderlings?

Ray
    Hi Ray,

I decided to keep my first batch as naturally I wanted to breed. I had a very unfortunate episode where I placed them in the loft for a few days, while clearing out and the summer heat wave accidently killed most of them. I was extremely sad to lose them as you can imagine!

It shouldn't be long, I am expecting them to hatch in around 5 weeks, maybe less and then another 2/3 weeks I suspect they'll be ready to be sent out. To be frank have never shipped T's before, so I will need a little advice on the best packaging, times etc as I certainly don't want to lose any.

Cheers
    Craig
    New iPhone and Android App called iTarantula on the App store now, download below.

iPhone: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/itarantula/id630537015
    Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ula.itarantula
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/www.itarantula.mobi - PLEASE LIKE US
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/iTarantulaApp - PLEASE FOLLOW US

sigpic

Comment

• I think it's a shame that a few have decided to be so insulting
      The point is Craig...as Toran already mentioned... you have absolutely no proof of your claim at all and whether you like to hear it or not this thread HAS a lot of what could be percieved as "pre offer dialog"...especially from you..!

Insulting....No i'm not trying to insult you Craig it's just that Toran's description of events comes very close to my own feelings....and as to your statement of "falsly presuming being against forum rules and wanting posts removed".........hey, relax Craig, everyone has a right to their opinions just as you have your right to claim you have a house full of Chicken Spiders........

Comment

• Originally posted by Bryan_Dennis View Post
        The point is Craig...as Toran already mentioned... you have absolutely no proof of your claim at all and whether you like to hear it or not this thread HAS a lot of what could be percieved as "pre offer dialog"...especially from you..!

Insulting....No i'm not trying to insult you Craig it's just that Toran's description of events comes very close to my own feelings....and as to your statement of "falsly presuming being against forum rules and wanting posts removed".........hey, relax Craig, everyone has a right to their opinions just as you have your right to claim you have a house full of Chicken Spiders........
        Yes, people have a right to their own opinions, unfortunately, they do not have the right to publish it, unless it is truthful, otherwise it is defamatory. Please stop this now, again you are wrong, I do have proof, I have already said this will be cleared up when Martin receives both specimens.
        Thanks
        Craig
        Last edited by Craig Bellamy; 13-01-08, 12:09 PM.
        New iPhone and Android App called iTarantula on the App store now, download below.

iPhone: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/itarantula/id630537015
        Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ula.itarantula
        Facebook: www.facebook.com/www.itarantula.mobi - PLEASE LIKE US
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/iTarantulaApp - PLEASE FOLLOW US

sigpic

Comment

• Reading through the last few posts objectively, there haven't been any blatent personal attacks, just thoughts and personal opinions.

So at this precise moment in time i'll say we're right on the edge of moderation.

If we can keep conversation structural i see no need to step in.

If anyone wishes any views / posts reviewed for moderation please PM either myself, or any other admin or mod and a decision will be made
          Cheers

Colin
          Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

• Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
            Reading through the last few posts objectively, there haven't been any blatant personal attacks, just thoughts and personal opinions.

So at this precise moment in time i'll say we're right on the edge of moderation.

If we can keep conversation structural i see no need to step in.

If anyone wishes any views / posts reviewed for moderation please PM either myself, or any other admin or mod and a decision will be made
            Cheers

Colin
            et al
            Craig has indeed contacted me regarding removal of certain replies in this thread.

This subject was always going to be a sticky one and I have watched this over the months, at the moment the comments are boarder line and will so remain for now.

I will say this though, this will not carry on, unless subject matter is adhered too and remains civil and constructive, it will be locked and remove in full.

Threads like this are almost impossible to keep on track, it happens every time something new appears in the hobby and of course some of us old guard have seen it many many times.

Who can forget the "I have P, metallica spiderlings for sale" episode. This guy thought he could pull a fast one, but shot himself in the foot, when he said he got them from the USA!, and they had only just been rediscovered.

So of course we look at these things in a different light to most, I think this is where RG is coming from.

I always thought of the BTS forum as one of the most constructive and purist boards out there on the Ye Old Tinter-web, hence we don't have of topic sections or any other forums such as herps section etc.

Lets give Craig the benefit of the doubt and give him fair crack of the whip.

OK folks nuff said.
            Regards

Admin

------------------------------------------------------
            Serious Ink tattoo studio -
            Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
            My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

• Originally posted by Craig Bellamy View Post
              And just to keep Ray happy, as he can be a pest at times!, I will send him a dead male CS in a couple of weeks.
              Many thanks Craig

You send me a male and i will take 2 days off work and do nothing but Pamphobeteus at the BM, I will photograph, measure etc, and post back here on a different thread what my findings are (it wont be conclusive as i wont be able to compare against the European type material)

Originally posted by Craig Bellamy View Post
              Maybe why I am at it, I should create a "Mammoth" breed of Chicken Spiders? Anyone remember those days??? of the Airlie Mammoth Goliath?
              Yes i rember these and the Airlie Brae P. regalis, i hope you are not saying your "Chicken Spiders" are along the same lines? we all know what the "Airlie Brae" stuff was?

Ray

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray Gabriel View Post
                we all know what the "Airlie Brae" stuff was?
                Ray
                About two inches bigger than everyone elses !!!! (although i'm sure you might possibly mean something else Ray )
                Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Pennell View Post
                  Threads like this are almost impossible to keep on track, it happens every time something new appears in the hobby and of course some of us old guard have seen it many many times.
                  Yep many times, Red Poecilotheria, Giant this, Ginourmous that, genetic marvels,

Originally posted by Mark Pennell View Post
                  Who can forget the "I have P, metallica spiderlings for sale" episode. This guy thought he could pull a fast one, but shot himself in the foot, when he said he got them from the USA!, and they had only just been rediscovered.
                  LOL the first ever eggsac had not even hatched in Europe and he posted that, caught out straight away

So of course we look at these things in a different light to most, I think this is where RG is coming from.
                  Yes but also the fact that as Craig has said himself, his stock came from a pet shop (post , so are in reality unidentifed pet trade material.

Untill they have been compared with other dead speciemens from The same location then we dont really know what they are.

Last time I spoke to the guy doing the revision (BB) on the Genus Pamphobeteus, he thought we had either a few species which were highly variable or 90+ species, my cash is on the former.

If Craig wants i will also send the specimen he is sending me to this guy, he has seen 90% of the type material and loads of other deads, he would be able to give a far better idea of the identification of the "Chicken Spider" than anyone else.

I am offering Craig:

Lets give Craig the benefit of the doubt and give him fair crack of the whip.
                  Ray

Comment

• Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
                    About two inches bigger than everyone elses !!!! (although i'm sure you might possibly mean something else Ray )
                    yes but only on paper LOL

Ray

Comment

• I am sorry if I have sounded Harsh, but here is the thing. I don't care if they are the chicken spider or not, and to be frank I am not worried if it is or isn't. My problem is this in july of 2006 I asked for an update as did other people and it was ignored. Then yesterday you make a reply saying they are going to be expensive... leaving no info on the spiders.

That is the equivalent of a story teller telling a story and not giving the ending, but saying you can buy the ending for a high price.

You don't find that a bit rude. everone was waiting to hear some great news on these spider and your communals. Instead we get, ha ha ha they are going to be high priced.

I won't buy any when they ARE for sale and I won't be watching this thread because of the insult that you commited to your peers. I can say this for sure I never e-mail anyone telling them they should be sold high in price, I can imagine who who did.

And in closing I hope these spiders do find good home and don't meet the same end the other sac did.

cause I know I am not capable of care and breeding chicken spiders.

cheers matey
                      Last edited by Toran Tanner; 13-01-08, 03:22 PM.
                      "The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer?"
                      Jeremy Bentham

Comment

• Ok, we're currently straying close to personal attack territory, which is not allowed. If this thread is to remain active and open, we need to stick discussing the spiders.

The spider is currently unidentified, steps are afoot to positively ID it which is a good thing. Pricing and such like is incidental.

Let's just keep the discussion on topic please, and keep the personal remarks out of it. Thanks.

My Collection:

Comment

• OK everyone has had there final say on this one, a lot of valid criticism's and a lot of unessential ones too.

Thanks everyone a cracking and huge thread... however its now locked but remains posterity and future reference.

Regards
                          Administrator.
                          Last edited by Mark Pennell; 13-01-08, 03:44 PM.

------------------------------------------------------
                          Serious Ink tattoo studio -
                          Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
                          My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
                          X