X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken Spiderlings available soon

Hi Guys,

The good news is that I have a eggsac ready after much delay and a successful mating. As an incentive, the 10,000th post in this thread will win one!

The dilema is should I make money from this, though I feel perhaps charging more would keep it treasured and giving them away for little would probably not be wise as they may not be valued. We need people to look after and breed one day soon.

Not one to exploit, nor in the business of tarantulas either, I will allow others to unanimously decide a price, then will annouce once a decision has been made.

I will not sell the lot to a dealer, so please don't ask.

Please post your comments on the forum and not by PM me.

Happy posting, remember 10,000th poster wins a chicken spider!

Craig
    New iPhone and Android App called iTarantula on the App store now, download below.

iPhone: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/itarantula/id630537015
    Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ula.itarantula
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/www.itarantula.mobi - PLEASE LIKE US
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/iTarantulaApp - PLEASE FOLLOW US

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Craig Bellamy View Post
      Hi Guys,

The good news is that I have a eggsac ready after much delay and a successful mating. As an incentive, the 10,000th post in this thread will win one!

The dilema is should I make money from this, though I feel perhaps charging more would keep it treasured and giving them away for little would probably not be wise as they may not be valued. We need people to look after and breed one day soon.

Not one to exploit, nor in the business of tarantulas either, I will allow others to unanimously decide a price, then will annouce once a decision has been made.

I will not sell the lot to a dealer, so please don't ask.

Please post your comments on the forum and not by PM me.

Happy posting, remember 10,000th poster wins a chicken spider!

Craig
      Craig
      That's good news, and as this thread has eaten up a serious amount of BTS bandwidth, I expect my spiderlings will be in the post in the spring.

Seriously best of luck with these.

Regards
      MArk

------------------------------------------------------
      Serious Ink tattoo studio -
      Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

• as they say What everrrrrrrrr.
        "The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer?"
        Jeremy Bentham

Comment

Hi Guys,

What a generous person you are, 122 posts in 6 months i make it ................a long time till the freebie goes out.

What happened to the eggsac you showed on the 28/06/07 post no 26 on this thread?

And post no 27 when you say

[QUOTE] I have about 145 spiderlings, [QUOTE]

Has anyone recieved any of these spiderlings?

Ray

Comment

• Thank You,
            For the update !!!
            Congrat's on this eggsac, wish you all the luck with it.

Comment

• Hi Craig.

Good news for another sac mate.

Are you mixing up thread views with replies......10,000th reply?.....only gives us another 9,874 to go
              Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

• I might be sounding rude but you sound as if you have a bit of an ego. We all have been waiting to hear an update expecting to hear about great things. and all you can say is your going to sell these spiders at a high price. which might I add are not ID'ed and could just be any old pamp's.

I am sorry but I was really into this thread now you have just left me very disappointed and now I could care less.

as far as 10,000 post no one care this much.
                "The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer?"
                Jeremy Bentham

Comment

• Originally posted by Toran T View Post
                  as they say What everrrrrrrrr.
                  You're right Toran, you are being just a tad rude...
                  New iPhone and Android App called iTarantula on the App store now, download below.

sigpic

Comment

• Sorry! I made a big mistake, I have mixed up views(7549) for replies(127), now I understand the scepticism! By 10,000 replies you'd probably speaking chinese!

I will select the first person that posts after 10,000 views. Will keep an eye on it!

And just for the record, these are genuine Chicken Spiders, from the same batch as the pictures I have posted, I am sure most would agree this is the real deal, if you aren't convinced, read all the posts.

And just to keep Ray happy, as he can be a pest at times!, I will send him a dead male CS in a couple of weeks.

The issue of cost is always a delicate one. I have been PM'd by many who say I should charge a lot and make good money from it, though have had only one saying I should not. I am pretty sure, this person, and you know who you are, would jump at the chance of making a fortune from this species.

Maybe why I am at it, I should create a "Mammoth" breed of Chicken Spiders? Anyone remember those days??? of the Airlie Mammoth Goliath?

sigpic

Comment

Sorry! I made a big mistake, I have mixed up views(7549) for replies(127), now I understand the scepticism! By 10,000 replies you'd probably speaking chinese!

I will select the first person that posts after 10,000 views. Will keep an eye on it!

And just for the record, these are genuine Chicken Spiders, from the same batch as the pictures I have posted, I am sure most would agree this is the real deal, if you aren't convinced, read all the posts.

And just to keep Ray happy, as he can be a pest at times!, I will send him a dead male CS in a couple of weeks.

The issue of cost is always a delicate one. I have been PM'd by many who say I should charge a lot and make good money from it, though have had only one saying I should not. I am pretty sure, this person, and you know who you are, would jump at the chance of making a fortune from this species.

Maybe why I am at it, I should create a "Mammoth" breed of Chicken Spiders? Anyone remember those days??? of the Airlie Mammoth Goliath?
                      Might just be a tad, but I think it is warranted. I am surprised, I'm so far the only one to say something in the affect to disappoint. May I just remind you again they are and have never been ID'ed. I have a chicken spider up stairs she is 10.5 inch. See how easy that works! I have read this whole thread and I don't think that you have any real evidences that say these are 100% new to the hobby. Lets not forget most in the hobby are too affraid to put any spiders communal for all we know well feed T. blondi's could live very well communaly but has anyone ever tried it...

If I recall the rude PM I got in return from you a while back when I asked if I could buy some of these slings off your first sack. What was your reply 'no these will only go to people who know how to breed.' You didn't even know me.

I honestly think 10,000 views is being bit optimistic as you have just now ruined this thread for yourself I don't think any cares any more. I am suprised I am even going this far. But this will be last post to this thread.
                      I have better things to do than wait around waiting for something that will most llikely never happen (this thread reaching 10,000 veiws in this year) so enjoy.

And just something I would like to point out before I am off I have no hard feeling and I hope you can see my point and understand it. I am not trying to start a fight or anything just being honest and today not many people are that.

cheers
                      Jeremy Bentham

Comment

Might just be a tad, but I think it is warranted. I am surprised, I'm so far the only one to say something in the affect to disappoint. May I just remind you again they are and have never been ID'ed. I have a chicken spider up stairs she is 10.5 inch. See how easy that works! I have read this whole thread and I don't think that you have any real evidences that say these are 100% new to the hobby. Lets not forget most in the hobby are too affraid to put any spiders communal for all we know well feed T. blondi's could live very well communaly but has anyone ever tried it...

If I recall the rude PM I got in return from you a while back when I asked if I could buy some of these slings off your first sack. What was your reply 'no these will only go to people who know how to breed.' You didn't even know me.

I honestly think 10,000 views is being bit optimistic as you have just now ruined this thread for yourself I don't think any cares any more. I am suprised I am even going this far. But this will be last post to this thread.
                        I have better things to do than wait around waiting for something that will most llikely never happen (this thread reaching 10,000 veiws in this year) so enjoy.

And just something I would like to point out before I am off I have no hard feeling and I hope you can see my point and understand it. I am not trying to start a fight or anything just being honest and today not many people are that.

cheers
                        Toran, you cannot formally ID a species that has not yet been ID'd, however I am going to send a male and female to the BTS/Martin Nicholas to confirm. That should clear up this matter.

sigpic

Comment

• The issue of cost is always a delicate one. I have been PM'd by many who say I should charge a lot and make good money from it, though have had only one saying I should not. I am pretty sure, this person, and you know who you are, would jump at the chance of making a fortune from this species
                          Yeps, i'm on Torans side here...in fact this whole thread has had a whiff of sales pitch right from the start..
                          Besides Craig why do you have to give other people the responsibility for deciding a price...Your'e obviously capable of doing that yourself.......That's the sort of thing you'd do if you had allready decided they should be expensive..then you could simply point out that "this was the average price that people had PM'ed with"..

Nah, i'm with you Toran.........Once you've lost faith in the seller the product becomes questionable..

Comment

• Originally posted by Bryan_Dennis View Post
                            Yeps, i'm on Torans side here...in fact this whole thread has had a whiff of sales pitch right from the start..
                            Besides Craig why do you have to give other people the responsibility for deciding a price...Your'e obviously capable of doing that yourself.......That's the sort of thing you'd do if you had allready decided they should be expensive..then you could simply point out that "this was the average price that people had PM'ed with"..

Nah, i'm with you Toran.........Once you've lost faith in the seller the product becomes questionable..
                            I think it's a shame that a few have decided to be so insulting. There is no sales pitch or plot or anything for that matter. I have a genuine species of which I will have enough to sell, which is what anyone would do quite frankly. It's not right to falsy presume as this is against the forum rules and I will ask Mark to remove it.

sigpic

Comment

I think it's a shame that a few have decided to be so insulting. There is no sales pitch or plot or anything for that matter. I have a genuine species of which I will have enough to sell, which is what anyone would do quite frankly. It's not right to falsy presume as this is against the forum rules and I will ask Mark to remove it.
                              one remove what I have not done anything against rules. and two you said you were going to get specimens out to many people long time ago whats taking so long
                              Jeremy Bentham

Comment

one remove what I have not done anything against rules. and two you said you were going to get specimens out to many people long time ago whats taking so long
                                He's right Craig, Toran hasnt broken any rules...
                                And lets be frank- it IS taking a while...
                                But lets chill out and talk civilised to one another guys, we dont want a flame war starting on these forums. Flame wars are for idiots- none of us are that, so lets have some respect for one another gents.
                                Oli

Comment

Working...
                                X