No announcement yet.

Newark!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL Colin...yup I know the feeling, tubs tubs everywhere and still room for more spids!
    I didn't manage to find myself a B.Baumgarteni, or an Annitha...but I did get a lot of hairy legged beauties...there's lovely!

Ooooh...and when you get time....would you share some pics of the Pokie colony? I'm fascinated by what others can achieve...even if I'm the *colony of one* type! LOL

Comment

just posted a piccie on Steves fasciata thread

will add some more of the actual spiders in a minute so have a look see later on.
      Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

At risk of repeating myself from posting in the mentioned thread...What can I say, other than *awesome*! I'll keep my eyes peeled for further photos.

Comment

I had a great time meeting the one's I meet as I did feel abit out cast as the only american with over priced spiders. LOL but thoughly enjoyed and I came home with loads of great stuff. thanks again everyone.

cheers
          "The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer?"
          Jeremy Bentham

Comment

Louise and Yvonne No I have only named 2 so far.
            I got, an E olivacia and a C marshalli from my loverly son for xmas, so far the marshalli is Martha.
            I bought an E olivacia, a C bechuanicus, Becky, from Peloquin, and an H maculata from under Oli's nose.

I was given, a mated Grammy rcf, thanks Char and Stew, a Yamia, thanks Sonny, 2 A ioduis, thanks Toran.

Think thats all, not a massive haul but all good stuff
            spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Aww, those are sweet names, Mary! I'm still stuck on naming 4...hmmm...I might have to have a chocolate munch for inspiration lol...well that's my excuse!

Comment

I had a great time at the show , was great to meet a few new people and catch up with a few old ones , i look forward to the next show

Originally posted by Ray Gabriel View Post
                What a day,

Becky and co always nice toe see you and natter will let you know when the A. fasciculata are ready
                Was nice to see and talk to you again Ray , we could spend hours talking to you about the avics etc , i cant beleive you wouldnt let us have just a little sneak prevue of the new journal , cant wait to get my copy now

Originally posted by Louise~Nichols View Post

Rebecca...sorry I knew I'd forget names in my tiredness...it was lovely meeting you too.
                it was nice to meet you too lousie , i was there with Rebecca and Mark , when Mary introduced us to each other

Comment

i named my 10 V. spinigerus scorplings 1 through 10! how's that for naming schemes?

i doubt i can list all i got...but i'll give it a go. forgive the lack of some scientific names, as i've just sat down and don't want to get back up to look

2 A. geniculata slings
                  2 N. coloratovillosum slings
                  2 A. iodius slings (what do you mean, they were overpriced, Toren? thanks man!)
                  2 Psalmopoeus cambridgei slings (thanks so much Mary!)
                  1 C. fasciatum juvey i think, as it's not tiny, and i know they don't grow huge
                  1 gorgeous adult C. crawshayi (thanks Jay and Sonny! great deal, and i'm really pleased with her)
                  1 gorgeous young firebelly toad (thanks Oli! he's settling in just fine)
                  2 H spinnifer scorpions, male and positively gravid female
                  2 O. whalbergi young scorpions
                  1 Arizona black headed centipede
                  1 Chilean giant blue centipede

think that's close to accurate!
                  was a good day, but as much as i love my purchases, the best thing was meeting new people and seeing people i knew again!
                  Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                  -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
                  My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

*waves to Kevin* Hiya! I remember you now, yup, nice to meet you too!

James LOL...that's very original naming! But like you said...it's not easy to tell differences other than maybe a wonky leg!
                    The people really made the day for me too, my purchases were an added bonus...you certainly did well with your retail therapy! But that toad...awwwww...he was just so lovely. I still fancy one of those feisty rainbow crabs too...lol...a really crabby one!

Comment

Working...
                    X