Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions wanted on journal article idea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a bit of a conundrum Ray. My job actually involves formulating management strategies for sites containing protected species which have been flagged for development so I do a lot of translocations. Mostly newts and lizards but i'm sure the same theory can be applied to sericopelma. I'd be interested to see how well translocation works for fossorial spids. As for the caiman, I learned croc handling from Mr. Titterton and given my track record for getting pieces bitten / cut off me i might leave those guys to you...

Comment

Sounds like an excellent idea for an article.
      Richard

Comment

Peter - thanks very much for posting your pics. Your spider room looks meticulously organised. Nice to see. At times mine can become ballanced rather than neatly stacked which is why i'm so interested in seeing what kinds of shelving and racks people find most effective. Modullar shelving definately seems to be the way forward. I take it you heat the whole room rather than individual shelves? i didn't see any wires there.

Comment

Shelving is courtesy of IKEA at £12-99 per unit. Measurements are ... Width: 59 cm, Depth: 25 cm, Height: 171 cm, Max load/shelf: 20 kg

Browse our full range of products from dressing tables to complete modern kitchens. Click here to find the right IKEA product for you. Shop online and in store today.

Heating is by a 3KW oil filled radiator with a seperate smaller 1KW set at a slightly lower temp as a backup.
          I find that keeping the shed at a reasonable temp (78-80F) isnt that hard in the winter but keeping the temperature down in the summer is the hardest part, wihch is why I have an air con unit ...... best thing I ever bought. Without the A/C unit temps have reached 107F in the summer, with the unit the temp has never gone over 82F.

Picture taken a few months ago showing oil filled rad

Comment

Working...
          X