BTS Journal 23 no 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another great issue, thank you!

Of course it would be the issue with prominent bite reports that my already nervous visiting in-laws politely pick up and thumb through...

Comment

I just knew it......

Nice one Phil
      British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
      The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
      On
      [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Hale View Post
        I just knew it......

Nice one Phil
        There's always one isn't there Ray

My Collection:

Comment

Belt and braces admittedly but how many of us can boast such an emergency system?

Ray Hale
          Heheheh....me too! I'm in the same boat as Phil, we have very unpredictable *power-outs* here too...and I won't risk any of my snake or spidey stock during these colder times.

Ray H...thanks for clarifying some of the finer details in the John Greaves/ Ray Gabriel's response/counter response....see, that just gave so much more perspective when the ommitted details were filled in.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Rea View Post
            Me

I have a 2.75kVA petrol generator which can be rigged up to power the heating cables in the T cabinets and also the heating for our snakes (which it is primarily intended for). It is more than belt and braces, because everything has to be hooked up with long extension cables Works though!

Because our house is connected to the mains supply via a dodgy 30 year old stepdown transformer off an 11,000v pole in a field, the electricity here can be fairly ropey at times.

Oh, and I'd just like to compliment the BTS on one of the most fascinating journals I've had the pleasure of reading.
            I just knew it......

Nice one Phil
            Ever wish you'd just kept your gob shut? I do.

We were without power today for about 7 hours because a construction company installing a fibre optic cable cut through an underground electricity cable at the bottom of our lane this afternoon.

We keep spiders, snakes, tropical fish, and we have a marine/reef nano tank, so no power is not an option.

Fortunately, Scottish Power were able to transfer us onto another phase that still had power to it. That took four hours, as they had to switch it off at the substation before connecting us up, and then switch it back on.

Back on now, thank goodness

My Collection:

Comment

And again Today

Now hopefully all sorted!

My Collection:

Comment

horror of horrors! te just HAVE to do this sort of work during the cold months, don't they?
                Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
                My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

You know your problem Phil....
                  You're trying to run Welsh households with Scottish power.
                  Not going to work is it!!!
                  Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Originally posted by James Box View Post
                    horror of horrors! te just HAVE to do this sort of work during the cold months, don't they?
                    Typical isn't it!

Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
                    You know your problem Phil....
                    You're trying to run Welsh households with Scottish power.
                    Not going to work is it!!!
                    Never thought of that Colin

My Collection:

Comment

Working...
                    X