No announcement yet.

No Breeding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Louise i'm so sorry about Miranda...the way i see it, she was probably well on in years being the size she was, and perhaps put too much into the egg-laying.
    sure, we're no substitute for mother nature, but mother nature can be cruel too...who's to say she didn't live longer because she had an attentive keeper seeing to her needs?
    you did the best you could, i know. and i'm sure you'll get loads of healthy spiders even though some are dying.
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Back to Kirsty's original question ; I do not plan to breed any of my kiddos, at least not myself. I have great respect for those who choose to; if they didn't, I wouldn't have half my collection, but it is not a feasible pursuit for me. No time, or room. I do have a "girlfriend" lined up for my smithi when he matures, but he will go to her, and we are talking a ways in the future as they are both still juvies.

This is the first I have heard that not breeding could have adverse effects on a T.

Comment

I don't intend to breed any of my females either, I have common 'pet' species which lots of people are breeding. My males I send off for breeding though, the only one I shan't do that with is my H'gigas' ( if it is a male ) - they are a mixed up species and I don't fancy packing him up into an itsy witsy pot for posting lol

Comment

Working...
        X