Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTS Lectures and Dinner weekend

Well its that time of the year again!

This weekends 6th BTS Annual Lectures and Dinner, has turned out to be the best attended yet.

Myself and Kim where up late last night with last minute preparations, and everything is ready to go!

So those travelling down today, and tomorrow morning we wish you all a safe and pleasant journey.

Those arrive on the Saturday please make sure you arrive for registration between 12 and 12.30

Those who are at the Hotel tonight, mines a Tiger beer and I'll be at the bar around 6.00 to collect it

Seriously its going to be a great weekend and some superb lectures, enjoy. Remember its a ticket only event and we cannot except entrants on the day sorry!

All the best
    Mark

P.S Those going to Bugfest - we wish the organisers and attendees and excellent and great day..

P.P.S Book now for 7th Lectures and Dinner - 28/02/09

------------------------------------------------------
    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Looking forward to the weekend and meeting some of you lot. Im sure you know me and Ang but if not ask someone and mines a Tiger Beer.

Should be a good one.

If you have booked then see you there.

Ray
    British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
    The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
    On
    [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

can't wait
      "The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer?"
      Jeremy Bentham

Comment

Well what can I say! what a great weekend!

Thanks to everyone for making it such a great social and entertaining event.

It was great to see so many old and new faces, I am beginning to regret drinking to 3.30 in the morning

If any one has pictures please feel free to send them to me. I took loads and will try and get them on-line soon.

For those who could not make it - Andrew Smiths lecture is available on DVD contact me for details.

Regards
        Mark

Comment

had loads of fun, meet tons of new people and talked alot about spiders. look forward to next year for sure.
          "The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer?"
          Jeremy Bentham

Comment

Originally posted by Toran Tanner View Post
            had loads of fun, meet tons of new people and talked alot about spiders. look forward to next year for sure.
            Great to meet you Toran, hope you didn't mind being sat with us on the evening...

Glad you had a great time.

Regards
            Mark
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Mark Pennell; 24-02-08, 01:02 PM.

Comment

well what a bloody brilliant weekend, thanks Mark and Kim and everyone else on the commitee for organising such a brilliant get together. cant wait till next year
              oh and Ray, at those prices, you can get your own bloody beers, lol
              THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

Comment

Excellent lectures and dinner as usual. Well done Mark, Kim, and the BTS

It was good to see friends there and also to meet new people. All very interesting lectures on varied subjects, and an excellent dinner (although I'm not entirely sure about the coloured maggot rice ).

See you at the next ones folks

My Collection:

Comment

Top class event !!!

My first Lectures, and wont be the last.

Four Hours of very interesting lectures from Jennifer Dobson, Paul Carpenter, Boris Striffler, Dr Fernando Perez-Miles started off a very enjoyable full day of events.

The dinner was very well organised and was topped off By Andrews' after dinner lecture with a fault free slide show. (then be press ganged into buying his DVD, just watched it and it's worth every penny)

The evening was interupted by two well dressed chaps....still cant make up my mind if they were Hale & Pennell or Hale & Pace

And a pizza delivery Guy.......

(sorry Ray, but this is what you get for having autographed Red Dwarf merchandise, told you i was jealous!!! (do i now have to watch my back at the BTS expo? oh yes !!!))

A great time to put faces to names and catch up with old associates and talk about errrr......spiders

I'd personally like to thank the half or dozen or so people who took time out to make positive comments on the way the forums being moderated at the mo, so on behalf of myself and Phil (the newcomers) and the long standing crew ....Thank you!!!

Apart from all mentioned above i have to say my evening was further topped off by having a 30 minute conversation with Fernando about Grammostola.

Looking forward to the next one (28th Feb 2009 i believe)
                  Thanks to Mark, Kim, Ray, Angela and everyone else who made it happen.
                  Last edited by Colin D Wilson; 26-06-08, 12:50 PM.
                  Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Looks like a good night out. I might try and make it next year.

cheers
                    Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Sainsbury View Post

cheers
                      Chris
                      Ashame you didn't show up I was lookin forward to given you a good kicken LOL... Hope the back is ok mate. see you at the Expo.

Cheers
                      Jeremy Bentham

Comment

Another great weekend, many thanks to Mark & Kim, the committee and the lecturers,

Chris, hope you can put your back problems behind you so you will be able to attend next year
                        regards
                        phil
                        www.thetarantulastore.net

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Sainsbury View Post

cheers
                          Chris
                          don't bother, it was great without you

cheers
                          Eddy
                          regards
                          phil

Comment

Thats not fair Phil, I miss old Chris.

Im running out of photos to show people..

Great day out though. Excellent lectures and good company.

Well done to Mark and Kim

Ray and Ang
                            British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
                            The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
                            On
                            [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Hale View Post
                              Thats not fair Phil, I miss old Chris.

Im running out of photos to show people..

Great day out though. Excellent lectures and good company.

Well done to Mark and Kim

Ray and Ang
                              NOT GUILTY
                              regards
                              phil

Comment

Working...
                              X