Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music

Hey People
    Me being into my music this is something I've been wondering for some time. Can pretty loud music stress a spider out?? I do not play music that loud really unless I'm in a separate part of the house, but that will obviously have to change if I'm to keep the T. in my bedroom! So, what would you say about playing music in the same room as keeping the tarantula (in my case, my bedroom)?????
    Thanks,
    Rich!
    Li'l' Ice Cube the Brachypelma Smithi!!! (As of 13/05/08 !!) But, I'm still gonna refer to it as Ice Cube!
    Pyro the Brachypelma Auratum!!!!!!!!!!

Many, many thanks Louise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So long as you stick to the following groups you'll be ok:
    Living in a Box
    Super Furry Animals

But seriously, yes anything with a heavy bass will be detected by a tarantula through contact with the substrate. Mine are disturbed by vacuuming in the same room. It's unlikely to do lasting harm, unless you have a female with an egg-sac or you're playing Steps.

Cheers,
    Richard

Comment

The only way I get to see some of my Asian species is to play some loud rock.

So yes I guess it disturbs them...

That reminds me Richard I'll send that steps album back to you I have finished with it.

Regards
      Mark

------------------------------------------------------
      Serious Ink tattoo studio -
      Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

You could try Tarantula by Faithless!
        Gloria my little Brachypelma smithi.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Ferguson View Post
          You could try Tarantula by Faithless!
          Sorry doesn't sound like it would appeal to me!

Originally posted by Mark Pennell View Post
          The only way I get to see some of my Asian species is to play some loud rock.

So yes I guess it disturbs them...

That reminds me Richard I'll send that steps album back to you I have finished with it.

Regards
          Mark
          Uh-ha, well then I won't play it too loud, although that is rock, I don't know about HipHop, RnB, Bashment, old-school garage, DnB and Reggae! But yeah, I'll keep it quiet, and when I'm doing my mixing/editing, I'll use my headphones as normal!
          Originally posted by Richard Gallon View Post
          So long as you stick to the following groups you'll be ok:
          Living in a Box
          Super Furry Animals

But seriously, yes anything with a heavy bass will be detected by a tarantula through contact with the substrate. Mine are disturbed by vacuuming in the same room. It's unlikely to do lasting harm, unless you have a female with an egg-sac or you're playing Steps.

Cheers,
          Richard
          Doesn't sound like those tracks would appeal to me Rich! Steps? I'm not gonna ask what that is lol. But nah, I'll try to keep it quiet
          Li'l' Ice Cube the Brachypelma Smithi!!! (As of 13/05/08 !!) But, I'm still gonna refer to it as Ice Cube!

Comment

I just found out whT 'Tarantula by Faithless' is; I thought you were joking about the track Andrew. Wow it sucks; imo anyway!

Comment

You could try "The Web" by Marillion.

On a serious note i do see a big difference on who's "out in the open" when i've blasted a "Jon Lord" style keyboard solo out when practicing.

a line of pokies all at the front of their cereal boxes is quite noticable !!!

Colin

The Steps album could do a detour via Loughborough on the way to Wales if it wants
              Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
                You could try "The Web" by Marillion.

On a serious note i do see a big difference on who's "out in the open" when i've blasted a "Jon Lord" style keyboard solo out when practicing.

a line of pokies all at the front of their cereal boxes is quite noticable !!!

Colin

The Steps album could do a detour via Loughborough on the way to Wales if it wants
                Why do they come out though?? Wouldn't they usually stay in their hide? That is what I'd expect them to do anyway!

Comment

I really couldn't say for sure why they do come out.

I could hazzard a guess that maybe it just disturbs them and they get disorientated therefore pace around their enclosures, maybe they see the vibrations as an attempt at communication from another "spider" or possibly the vibrations resemble an animal in distress offering an easy meal.

Maybe they just like good old 70's Rock !!!!

Comment

I really couldn't say for sure why they do come out.

I could hazzard a guess that maybe it just disturbs them and they get disorientated therefore pace around their enclosures, maybe they see the vibrations as an attempt at communication from another "spider" or possibly the vibrations resemble an animal in distress offering an easy meal.

Maybe they just like good old 70's Rock !!!!
                    Lol; animal psychology is quite interesting, though I dnt think I would take it as a career, although I'll always leave my oppurtunities open. However, Pathology, Movie Directing and Finance directing are three big ambitions already!

Comment

Boris the Spider is into 70s rock, Who? well he's a bit creepy crawly, black and hairy, very small.
                      But at least he's not the spider from Mars, Bowie Davidicus. I read about them, They Might be Giants those tarantula, big enough to go around Smashing Pumpkins, rather Mystikal. Apparently they have a nasty bite, but there is a Cure, a simple Lullaby! Amazing what you can find on the web!
                      My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Lacey View Post
                        Boris the Spider is into 70s rock, Who? well he's a bit creepy crawly, black and hairy, very small.
                        But at least he's not the spider from Mars, Bowie Davidicus. I read about them, They Might be Giants those tarantula, big enough to go around Smashing Pumpkins, rather Mystikal. Apparently they have a nasty bite, but there is a Cure, a simple Lullaby! Amazing what you can find on the web!
                        Tish m'lord you're in good fooling today

Comment

Tish m'lord you're in good fooling today
                          I'm sorry; it may be the fact that I'm not really concentrating and I have a lot of work to do, but I'm definitely not wid what y'all are saying lol! So sorry about that
                          Hey Peter did you get around to do the pic/vid guide for me? It'd be great if you could man, although your help given to me already should be very sufficient, cuz you did explain it very well indeed.
                          Thanks again man,
                          Rich!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Shah View Post
                            Hey Peter did you get around to do the pic/vid guide for me? It'd be great if you could man, although your help given to me already should be very sufficient, cuz you did explain it very well indeed.
                            Thanks again man,
                            Rich!
                            Once the weather's better I'll be taking on 6 new spids, already paid for them, and then I'll put the tanks together. Trying to make room for them at mo, LOL
                            My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Once the weather's better I'll be taking on 6 new spids, already paid for them, and then I'll put the tanks together. Trying to make room for them at mo, LOL
                              Kl well I dunno if you'll get them before me, cuz I'm ordering mine around next Monday if Lee finally gets the juvenile Brachypelma Smithis in (he said mid-month so I'm just being an impatient person) and gets the tanks back in stock...
                              I really can't think right now and I got so much work to do; damn it I know most guys cannot multi-task, so why the hell do I try????!!!!!! This is what happens to me when I try to multi-task! I'm doing it right now in fact, damn it!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X