Spiderlings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mary walters View Post
    Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit Colin lol..
    You're right, but as my dear old departed Dad used to say, "it takes the highest form of intelligence to understand it" heh heh
    Are you and Toran going to Kettering??? One of the other cashiers I work with is doing my shift for me woohoo.
    I am.....and on last contact with him, he was too.
    Will be getting in touch in the week to make sure and arrange all the neccessary times etc.
    See ya there
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Hi Colin and Mary,
      First thanks Mary about the P. irminia, I'd love the chance to look after some Psalmopoeus. Perhaps you could help me out with something. I know the Black country is famous for a few things (The Industrial Revolution, Balti cooking, Robert Plant) but there is some dispute as to whether yourselves, or Cornwall, or Lancashire invented the humble pasty. I have to say that gastronomy is something which has always fascinated me (though I must admit food from Asia and India in particular is my real interest (despite family interest in me "discovering" French food) Anyway thought I'd ask.

Colin, can't wait for the BTS this year (the best in the world). However I have noticed that this show is probably as far north as shows get. Whilst the winter shows are on in the south wouldn't it be nice to have a big one in the north as well? Its not just for the North West, Yorkshire, Tyneside and North Wales; what about the people of Scotland as well? I know there is the issue of attendance, but how do we help educate people about these lovely animals and bring new people into the hobby without promoting ourselves and more importantlyg these beautiful creatures more? Just a thought.
      sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Oh now there's an idea.....BTS Scotland.....

In or around Stirling i think, that way i don't have to shell out for accomodation, my cousin has a few spare bedrooms.

Are you reading this Mr Hale?

Comment

Nicola, we have the PROPER faggot, served with mushy peas, yum, also pigs feet and tails, chitterlings, brawn, chawl, and boney pie. Most of these are extinct now apart from faggots, feet and tails. We make PROPER scratchings too, not puffed up skin, oh I DOOO miss them since we moved to this godforsaken place lol.

We do have Lenny Henry who lived a couple of estates away from me, never knew him as I am about 20 years older than him lol.
          spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

also pigs feet and tails, chitterlings, brawn, chawl, and boney pie.
            we're talking about an area around Brum and Wolves Mary, not a bayou in Louisiana

Comment

Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
              we're talking about an area around Brum and Wolves Mary, not a bayou in Louisiana
              Yeah Col, so am I mate, those are some of the things eaten up there.

Oh, and BRUM is NOT black country
              Last edited by mary walters; 14-04-08, 05:24 AM.

Comment

I stand corrected

Back on the question of spiderlings, we're only a week away now to Kettering.
                Have you got a final list of whats coming with you.

Comment

To make things easier Colin, the Black Country is the bit between Birmingham and Wales. It includes Wolverhampton, Kidderminster, Dudley, Cosley and possibly Penkridge as well. I'm not making any jokes as I might want to but a few little ones off Mary and I don't want them thrown at me!
                  sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

I don't know yet Colin, irminia are just becoming slings they are 50/50 with Steve, camb are dark, all ours, H mac are dark but not slings, will bring Torans half sac with me, and para sac pulled yesterday are minute, but zillions of them, half are Les Foxs and won't be ready til BTS, oh boy you know what this means, remember 2004???????? lol I have another half sac coming this week from a 50/50 too, but am keeping them til BTS or I will have an empty table.

Will have peru purple in a few weeks time too, but again too late for BTS.

Comment

Save a few of those L.Para's for me please mary!!
                      just been to ikea the weekend and sourced out a set of new units for my Sling show also found some amazing glasses for my slings too got about 16 for 69p and they seem perfectly sized, im amazed at the fact i went to ikea and ended up just looking at set up ideas for my spiders lol they have loads of great glassware and plastic ware ideal for diff sized slings/juves and some amazing display shelving less than 50 quid too,
                      scared now that i gonna go mad at the show lol!!!
                      Proud B.T.S Member

Comment

Hiya Naython, they should be ready for BTS, will have heaps............again.

Comment

Working...
                        X