No announcement yet.

is this normal???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See i wasnt to sure i thought maybe the carapace wasnt as golden because it had'nt shed would you say its a B.vagans then just with abnormal carapace???
    2xB.vagans, B.smithi, 2x L.parahybana, L.polycuspulatus, G.aureostriata, C.fasciatum, B.albopilosum, B.boehmei, P.pulcher, H.maculata, C.crawshayi, L.violaceopes, C.cyanopubescens, 3xP.irminia, 2xP.murinus RCF, 2xP.cambridgei, C.fimbriatus, C.schioedtei, A.pupurea, A.azuraklassi, A.versicolor, H.lividum, P.reduncus.

Comment

it doesnt appear to me to be any form of red rump.
      THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Lol well im stumpped then its rump has red hairs on it but they're drab looking because it hasnt shed what would you say it is if its not a vagans???
        2xB.vagans, B.smithi, 2x L.parahybana, L.polycuspulatus, G.aureostriata, C.fasciatum, B.albopilosum, B.boehmei, P.pulcher, H.maculata, C.crawshayi, L.violaceopes, C.cyanopubescens, 3xP.irminia, 2xP.murinus RCF, 2xP.cambridgei, C.fimbriatus, C.schioedtei, A.pupurea, A.azuraklassi, A.versicolor, H.lividum, P.reduncus.

Comment

well im lost on that one too
          THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

Comment

i stand corrected michael, just been flicking through some pics on google and there are vagans on there looking very similar to that, so it is possible that it is a form of vagans, thinking about it i suppose it could also be a sabulosum

Comment

Well its definately some sort of spider anyway lol after seeing your albiceps i want one lol are they hard to come by??

Comment

i bought her as an adult female from lee at the spider shop back in february, i got it off him at the lectures and he let me have her for 50 quid which is the lowest he would go as he tells me that adult females dont often come along, a friend of mine picked up an unsexed sub adult (a bit male looking to me) at the expo for 15 quid, so it depends on where u go really

Comment

Yeah i saw that pic on google myself.A friend of mine gave me a tiny C.fasciata sling you have any experience of them???

Comment

http://www.uljez.hr/galerija/Brachypelma%20verdezi.jpg
                    that's verdezi...closest i could find with Louise's help!

as for albiceps, i got one at the BTS not long ago, think Dan Parker from the Tarantula Shop had more at least back then. about a tenner at a decent sling size.

the thing that makes it hard is the fact that it's bound to be drab so far from a moult!
                    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->

Comment

It does look alot like B.Verdezi the shop i got it from obviously knows nothing about tarantulas lol.Thanks for your help.

Comment

bit of a mystery!
                        i suppose it'd be something to check if verdezi are particularly slow growers?
                        i was wrong about albiceps, but have a look...
                        apparently vagans is also faster than alot of Brachy's...so again, it would be odd!
                        Last edited by James Box; 20-06-08, 03:30 PM.
                        Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                        -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->

Comment

I was reading abit about b.verdezi it dosent really state wether they in particular are slow growers it just said brachys in general are slow growers.

Comment

You need to wait for a moult and send it to someone!

Comment

Working...
                            X