No announcement yet.

is this normal too???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah definately, i love seeing peoples setups, nosey like that you see.
    what setups do you go for? natural or minamalist? personaly i love natural display tanks, i get so much enjoyment out of creating natural habitats and nice looking displays, its my favourite part of the hobby. i got a huge 30inch by 20 tank for an L. para that im in the process of doing at the mo, dont have the T yet but thats what im putting in it. its gona be my first planted terrarium. Mark from dartfrog has given me a good list of brazilian native plants and mosses/liverworts for it, should be a good project. i got a great backround for it too, i'll pm you some pics tomorow if you like.
    ''The very general opinion that the tarantula ''looks so horrible'' is obviously without any basis. To anyone who has learned to know this spider, it is as handsome as a goldfinch and fully as interesting.'' William J. Baerg. 1885-1980.

Comment

i used to go for the natural setup approach, but i have far to many Ts now for all that malarky hehehe. I used to enjoy it a lot too though, creating a 'piece of nature' so to speak

Comment

yeah i totally understand, i only have 6, i keep saying i will stop there but as soon as i see another T i end up getting it, only got 2 left on my wish list now which is an L. para and a P. metallica, i was getting them both this month when i got paid but the supplier has got no metallica slings left.
        ''The very general opinion that the tarantula ''looks so horrible'' is obviously without any basis. To anyone who has learned to know this spider, it is as handsome as a goldfinch and fully as interesting.'' William J. Baerg. 1885-1980.

Comment

Hi,
          Myself I use the odd heat mat when the spider tank is in the cooler part of the room. I tend to put the mat underneath and keep the temp thermostat controled to 26 degrees. This way the spider can be warm in its burrow and as it only comes out at night to feed, room temperature is okay for it then. On setups I profer the natural setup but it does restrict the amount of T's I can keep. Such is life
          sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Working...
          X