best way to get what I want?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best way to get what I want?

Hi all, I want an adult female Poecilotheria metallica (and more than happy to pay the going rate) - what is the best way of going about getting one? are shows (like the one this sunday in Leeds) good places to get the 'hard to come by' spiders or should I save my petrol money and keep browsing the forums and ads?
    If anyone could point me in the right direction as to where i should be looking, it'd be much appreciated! ta

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

I'd put an add in the wanted sections of forums, it may be that someone has one for sale and is intending going to Leeds in which case you could pick it up there. Or email Lee at the Spidershop and ask if he has one and if he's going to Leeds.
    My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Lacey View Post
      I'd put an add in the wanted sections of forums, it may be that someone has one for sale and is intending going to Leeds in which case you could pick it up there. Or email Lee at the Spidershop and ask if he has one and if he's going to Leeds.
      He's not got on the website that he's going, but emailed him on the off chance... thanks

Comment

already checked lol he's not going...
        but yeah it's a good idea to go to the shows and check, on the off chance...though the best thing will be hanging out with the rest of us that'll be there
        Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
        -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->

Comment

Originally posted by James Box View Post
          already checked lol he's not going...
          but yeah it's a good idea to go to the shows and check, on the off chance...though the best thing will be hanging out with the rest of us that'll be there
          ah well... perhaps someone else there will have one with my name on it
          hope i can go... it's only up the road (albeit the M1!)

Comment

well if you go, look out for us! descriptions etc on the Leeds Roll Call thread
            the more the merrier!
            Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
            -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->

Comment

Originally posted by James Box View Post
              though the best thing will be hanging out with the rest of us that'll be there
              Another member to the gang eh?

Rothwell's not going to know what hit it !!!!!
              Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

the german guy at the BTS expo this year had one for sale, it was alot of money though. i dont know if he has a website where he sells stock if anyone knows who he is. from what i hear, i think you will find it much easier getting one from the european market as they have a breeding programme in place
                THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

Comment

that was probably Thomas Vinmann (how good is your German?):
                  My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

http://www.vinmann.de/
                    I looked on his site, but couldn't see any... perhaps I'll email him - my best friend is German, so I'll get her to translate - otherwise I'd probably end up with a sheep or something!

Comment

Well, didn't get to go to Leeds today - but I did manage to get (hopefully) what I wanted!
                      I have reserved a subadult female, who should be maturing next moult in 2-3 months time... hopefully she'll be with me in a couple of weeks! She's coming from Germany...
                      All very exciting!

Comment

http://www.vinmann.de/
                        Thomas Vinmann speaks better English than I do (which is probably not difficult ). He won't have a problem if you e-mail him in English

My Collection:

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Rea View Post
                          Thomas Vinmann speaks better English than I do (which is probably not difficult ). He won't have a problem if you e-mail him in English
                          I did find that people were replying in English when I'd sent out emails in German!
                          I'm getting my girl from Olaf Helle

Comment

Originally posted by Faye Sweeney View Post
                            I did find that people were replying in English when I'd sent out emails in German!
                            I'm getting my girl from Olaf Helle
                            No idea what they're trying to tell you there Faye

Good luck with her

My Collection:

Comment

Just A couple of basics and things i have learned-dont keep her too humid! keep the substrate (Coco fibre & vermiculite) bone dry. These spiders come from arid (dry) regions but are subject to an annual monsoon season.
                              Always keep fresh water (only!no sponges or gels!) available.Around the 28- 30 deg.c mark with a drop at night preferably to around 24-25.
                              Use a bamboo tube of around 3" in diamater for the hide-if you can cut a round hole in the front.A cork bark tube will work as well.Very light sensitive (photosensitive) species this so keep it in darker conditions-and you should see more of her.If your lucky.Good luck,stunning spiders.

Smith.spider

Comment

Working...
                              X