No announcement yet.

P.murinus DCF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OCF or RCF I wouldn't know if they are different or not soz.
    cheers
    Chris

Comment

Ok well so far I was under the impression there are.(forgive the laymans terms, but it makes thing easier)

Brown colour
      Orange colour
      Red colour
      Black colour

Now i'm not hugely fussed over the correct term NCF,OCF etc etc etc. But does anyone know if the four distinct colour variations above are correct?

My main reason for asking is I have a number of the browns, one orange, and am about to buy a red. Yet if the orange and red are the same it will be a pointless purchase for me.

My Collection: - Support CB

Comment

Richard, this seems to be a job for Richard Gallon as he is the "man on Africa"

Email him (rather than PM) and await his responce, it'll be up to date info you'll get, you can be sure of that.
        Colin
        Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

As far as I know, the "classic" four colour variations are as follows:

TCF - typical colour form -- ironically RCF is the most typical in the hobby though
          RCF - red colour form -- whether you call it orange or red, it has become known as "red colour form"
          UMV - Usambara Mountain variant
          DCF - dark colour form
          Last edited by Zoltan Mihaly Lestyan; 20-10-08, 07:04 PM.
          Spider Myths | Curious Taxonomy | The World Spider Catalog - Theraphosidae

"We are all taxonomists." -Judith Winston
          "The laws of biology are written in the language of diversity." -Edward Osborne Wilson
          "Principle of Priority - the oldest fool is always right!" -H. Segers & Y. Samyn

Comment

Ok well I think I have a grasp on it all now.........

Think i'll go get an absynthe hangover to cure this headache.

My Collection: - Support CB

Comment

Thats how I know it also Zoltan, plus the hundred and one (not literallyso many) with a location after the name also lol.

Cheers
              Chris

Comment

nightmare species that!
                love them though...i have a couple "RCF's" and a couple "TCF's" and they're both great.
                i'd almost say "TCF" is the African answer to X immanis...sure it's not purple, but what nice gold patterning!

Chris, i found that website a while ago, it is great!
                Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
                My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
                X