Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matthews new Tarantula tanks (inc. rehousing the Haplo!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matthew Baines View Post
    Yeah it just seems to be the initial unpacking/ rehoming that can be a bit fraught with danger lol
    I have 2 Longipes at the moment one is a sub adult and the other is a adult female.
    One of my Lividum's got attacked by mites and when i went to dig her up there was nothing but a crusty shell left so i was a bit gutted by that but alas we did not know there was a problem till it was too late as the mites had been living in the substrate away from view. If she was still here she would be getting the tank the aureotibialis is now in.
    I am getting a few albostriatums soon too plus i just sent my male out to do his business so hopefully i might be over run.
    The Aureotibialis is a different one i got that is not as HUGE but the ill one is just being so slow now, she aint curled up anymore but she aint moving a great deal either.
    sorry to hear about the loss of the lividum, and also sorry the ill one is still not 100%...hope she pulls through!
    and yes, housing Haplos...that can be a bit of a rush! i rehomed one of the lividum's in the bathtub, and she was a bit of a pain...but the tub made her manageable. heck, it made a young, skittish H mac manageable! i actually enjoyed watching it run around a bit, cause i so rarely get to see them lol
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

The only time we ever get any pictures is when we re-house them. Which always makes matthew nervous because I like to get in as close as possible!

But at least we got a good photographic record

Comment

How do the Haplos go about molting? Do they surface to do it?

Comment

What I tend to find with them is they moult underground then smash the exuvium up and incorporate it into there burrows.

Comment

Working...
          X