World's Biggest Spider?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James Freeman View Post
    I really want one of these, does anyone know an online shop that currently has them in stock ? I'm getting stressed trying to find one !

Hi James welcome to the forum. If you like big T's, whilst you're looking for a Blondi, don't forget the L. Paraphybana, they're pretty much as big, one of our females has 10" leg span and is a match for most of our Blondis, they are also considerably cheaper and more available.

Comment

Hi all, sorry i forgot to say hello !

I've had a look at virginia cheesemans web site, had already seen the blondi's for sale on there and thought they were a bit pricey. I'll have a look into the L. Paraphybana species instead, do you know anywhere with these available ?

Comment

Hi James, check out the different forums - for sale sections - look for female Salmon Pinks (common name), expect to pay £20 - £40 for a nice sized female. Blondi slings grow very quickly, you should buy one for £30-40. We'll give you a heads up if we spot either.

Comment

Have you seen the size of the abdomen?? He must have pumped it with water!

Source: http://www.guinnessworldrecords.de/3d/

Translated: "BIGGEST SPIDER AS PET Rosi, a twelve years old female giant tarantula (Theraphosa blondi), had in the survey on 27 July 2007 a weight of 175 g, a body length of 12 cm, a leg span of 26 cm and 2.5 cm long jaw mouth. Walter Baumgartner Andorf from (A)."

Originally posted by Jackie Binder View Post
          No pics of contenders, but I know the heaviest spider is Rosi, a female Goliath bird eating spider (Theraphosa blondi), who weighed 175 g ( 6.17 oz) on 27 July 2007 and belongs to Walter Baumgartner of Andorf, Austria. ^_^
          Attached Files

Comment

hmm methinks he powerfed to get it to set the record lol

Jacque, thanks for posting that video on youtube, i missed the moult and was gutted!
            really cool to see it happen
            Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
            -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
            My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
            X