ID plz - Lampropelma?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID plz - Lampropelma?

Earlier this year I purchased an A/F "Singapore Blue" Lampropelma violaceopes from someone with a small collection and little information. At the time I doubted the ID as it appeared much darker than my own A/F, however I put this down to needing a moult.
    Since then my own L. violaceopes has moulted and shown electric blue legs with small amounts of yellow on the toes.
    The newly aquired L. violaeceopes mouted a couple of months later but the electric blue legs were not evident. So, I therefore wondered if this is a sign of age, a mere colour difference or perhaps the elusive Borneo Black?
    Attached are some pix of the lady in question, soon after the moult.

Prior to moult:

After moult:

exuvia without flash

exuvia with flash

And by comparision the electric blue lady:
    My Collection - Summer 2011

That is one NIIIIIIIIIIIICE spider Peter
    spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

That does indeed look like the Lampropelma sp "Boreo Black" if you search for photos and reference Sorens images then you'll see what i mean.
      The spermatecae compare nicely to images references of the old Cyrio "spec blue" and Lampropelma (if just a little wider at the base in comparison)
      Have to agree with Mary though... lovely looking spider.
      Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

flamin' 'eck, that could be a nice find!
        gorgeous spiders both, quite intrigued by the "mystery" one though...
        Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
        -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Nice spider, definitely not Lampropelma violaceopes. Still a fantastic surprise tho. I would Say it is Lampropelma sp ' Borneo Black' , due to the purple iridescence occurring on the legs. Nice on

Comment

I don't know. It doesn't seem to be robust enough to be a Borneo black. Going by the legginess of it and the dark blue on the legs I would say it is 'Lamproplema violaceopes'.

Comment

To me, it's simply an older L. violaceopes.

Eric
              MY FLICKR

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Reynolds View Post
                To me, it's simply an older L. violaceopes.

Eric
                Yep right behind Eric here, think older blacker P. metallica (like i have always said the reputed "black poke" is) If in doubt as to what species it is don't breed from it.

Ray

Comment

Working...
                X