No announcement yet.

ID'ing T blondi slings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The pic of the Apophysis sling just wont upload, tried another pic which is bigger and that's uploaded, so that's me foxed. So here's a pic of a T. Burgundy, that one's uploaded fine, and thanks Craig for reminding me we've got a flickr account I really must update it, but I can't seem to upload the pic of the sling from there either, grrr
    Last edited by Mrs Linda Street; 31-01-10, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Okay, think I've got it sorted this time to see the Apophysis sling pic go to www.flickr.com/photos/38554056@N05/3994550125/in/photostream/

Hope this pic helps you Ken, if it does, it's down to Craig, because I've only just figured it all out, and if it doesn't work, it's still down to Craig lol.

Comment

hi linda, that picture comes up fine, its a gorgeous lookin spider. i think thats going to have to be the next addition to my colection................. when i can find some for sale.
        Wayne.

Comment

Hi Wayne, here's a pic of her at the end of August, that's how quick they grow, I think they're quicker than Blondi, and is ready now to go into a proper set up.
          Last edited by Mrs Linda Street; 07-02-10, 07:19 PM.

Comment

thats quite a difference.............. Apophysis is rumoured to grow to a lager size than blondi.
            Wayne.

Comment

New pic, from a couple angles. The spider is about 3-4cm.

Comment

hi ken, great pics there mate.

i'm about 99% sure its Theraphosa spp. "burgundy".
                Wayne.

Comment

Yes, the pink colour is not distinct enough to be an Apophysis, when compared to the pic of our slings, but you might be lucky and have a Burgundy.

Comment

Thanks. I'm please at this cameras ability to take macro shots. Although the flash does not work well when taking this close of pictures so I had to set up a mini studio with bright lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Linda Street View Post
                      Hope this pic helps you Ken, if it does, it's down to Craig, because I've only just figured it all out, and if it doesn't work, it's still down to Craig lol.
                      Phew, I'm glad it worked, lol!
                      www.flickr.com/photos/craigmackay/sets

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Well, the breeder stands by his claim that they are in fact blondi slings and states that he has seen the white feet on some slings in previous breedings before. I have no real reason to doubt him.
                        Thoughts?

Comment

Hi Ken, how do the feet compare to the pics we put on of our Apophysis & Blondi slings, although a few moults older

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Linda Street View Post
                            Hi Ken, how do the feet compare to the pics we put on of our Apophysis & Blondi slings, although a few moults older
                            I'd have to say that my tiny slings look much more like blondi than apophysis.

Comment

Working...
                            X