new T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: new T

What's there temperment and life span like ?

Comment

from what little i know about this species temperament is fairly placid and easy to care for, much the same as G.Rosea, they are from roughly the same area of chile. they are gorgeous spiders but most people are dissapointed with thier size............approx 3 inch legspan as mature. life span if i remember correctly is as follows, they reach maturity in about 2 years and mature females can live 9-12 years from maturity, males 8-14 months.
      Wayne.

Comment

just went to a local pet shop that breads there own T's and just reseved my self a little P.Murinus i pick my new little friend up tuesday.

an tips on how to look after the new little one.

Comment

How to put P.murinus into words...SAS. They are one of the most versatile spiders i have ever kept and can survive the most stringent conditions (not that im condoning you do that ), apart from the obvious defensiveness and speed they are a joy to keep and will quite easily take prey the same size as themselves.

Just give them a bit of mulch and a piece of cork bark to attach webbing and they seem to do fine. One problem i personally have is that they love to web upto the enclosure lid and stay there...charming!

I am going to breed them if im lucky enough to get a male and female in my trio of Murinus (fingers crossed)
          Tarantulas kept:
          0.0.1 Grammostola Rosea RCF, 0.0.1 Aphonopelma Iodius, 0.0.1 Brachypelma Vagans,0.0.1 Brachypelma Smithi,0.0.1 Brachypelma Auratum,1.0.1 Haplopelma Lividum, 0.0.1 Haplopelma Albostriatum, 0.0.1 Cyclosternum Fasciatum, 1.0.100+ Pterinochilus Murinus, 1.0.1 Citharischius Crawshayi, 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Irmina, 0.0.1 Eurathlus sp. "Montane", 0.0.1 Avicularia Avicularia, 0.0.1 Avicularia Metallica, 1.0.0 Poecilitheria Regalis, 0.0.2 Poecilitheria Formosa, 0.0.1 Ceratogyrus Darlingi,0.0.3 Lasidora Parahybana 1.0.0 Hetroscodra Maculata, 0.0.1 Lampropelma Violacepes 0.0.1 Tapinauchenius subcaeruleus 0.0.1 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens 1.0.0 Psalmopeus Pulcher 0.0.1 Theraphosa Apophysis 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Cambridgei 0.0.1 Acanthoscurria Geniculata 1.0.0 Epheobopus Uatuman

Comment

i had a mm P.Murinus as my first t but he stopped eating and the shop i got him from took him back and he only lasted another week.
            i hope my little sling turns out to be a female if its male and you need a male still il lend his assistance

Comment

hello all i am looking at asian aboreals now after my recent addition of the Lampropelma Violaceopes great little fellow just love the stature off the asian aboreals not to mention the size of some, another 2 favourites are the stromatapelma calceatum and the Heteroscodra maculata i have the s calceatum just need the h maculata i think it's just the lightening speed and agressiveness that sets theese two appart for me and the markings on the h maculata.

Comment

Working...
              X