No announcement yet.

black or brown crickets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aren't one species meant to be quieter? I think I have seen some brown crix sold as 'silent', but I can still hear them! Personally I prefer locusts - less chance of one hiding and chewing on your T as they are vegetarian, and less likely to carry parasites. Oh yes and they don't get under your cupboards and chirp for months on end!
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
    1.0.0 Western Hognose
    0.0.1 Euathlus Sp. Blue (I hope!)

Comment

locust

bit big for slings though?.... how long do thay last given optimum accomadation food n water? n how small are the tidgyestr ones..thanks
      0.0.1 Aphonopelma Abberans 1cm sling
      0.0.2 Citharischius Crawshayi 2inch+ juv
      0.0.3 Lasiodora parahybana 2+cm slings
      0.0.1 emperor scorpion 5cm ish

Comment

Depends on the sling I think they are about 6-8mm long, so maybe not so good for really tiny slings. They are pretty slow and goofy though.
        1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
        1.0.0 Western Hognose
        0.0.1 Euathlus Sp. Blue (I hope!)

Comment

Originally posted by Beatrice Smith View Post
          Aren't one species meant to be quieter? I think I have seen some brown crix sold as 'silent', but I can still hear them! Personally I prefer locusts - less chance of one hiding and chewing on your T as they are vegetarian, and less likely to carry parasites. Oh yes and they don't get under your cupboards and chirp for months on end!
          The only problem with locust is the jumping legs which can also damage a T.
          I have seen this for myself so know it is a fact.
          I would pull the jumping legs of any locust put in with the T.It will also slow it down and make it easier to catch.
          Get one of your locust out and feel the serations on it's jumping legs and you will see.
          Paul

Comment

Doh...!

Its all to much ..not nowing what to safely feed my little babys....sod this ile make them a spam sandwitch......Mind saying that i have just fed all my slings brown cricks n they only lasted a few seconds before being dead cricks ....HA HA
            0.0.1 Aphonopelma Abberans 1cm sling
            0.0.2 Citharischius Crawshayi 2inch+ juv
            0.0.3 Lasiodora parahybana 2+cm slings
            0.0.1 emperor scorpion 5cm ish

Comment

Originally posted by Alistair Kennington View Post
              Its all to much ..not nowing what to safely feed my little babys....sod this ile make them a spam sandwitch......Mind saying that i have just fed all my slings brown cricks n they only lasted a few seconds before being dead cricks ....HA HA
              Can't go far wrong with silent browns mate

Comment

Working...
              X