Avicularia Minatrix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James Box View Post
    i'm rather partial to laeta as well...another you don't see often.
    You're correct James, I have one and I've never seen it since putting it into its tub.

A. minatrix come from the tropical rainforest of Lara State, Venezuela and according to R N Baxter tend to be found in bromeliad plants. I've always been told to keep them on the drier side with not too high a humidity but if they live in bromeliads, plants that live off trees and collect water in the central reservoir, then that suggests otherwise. As always, "more info is required".
    My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

i asked Jackie (also known as Jax on some forums, a bit good with her Avics to say the least) about this, and all she said was on the drier side, compared to normal Avics, which suggests some moisture to me, just not as much... so i guess the care isn't too tricky.
      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
      -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Cheers for the info guys.

Originally posted by James Box View Post
        i asked Jackie (also known as Jax on some forums, a bit good with her Avics to say the least) about this, and all she said was on the drier side, compared to normal Avics, which suggests some moisture to me, just not as much... so i guess the care isn't too tricky.
        This does seem to be the most popular answer where ever I look. I'm sure they will adapt to slightly different conditions over time if I haven't got them spot on anyway.

I've also heard they can be picky eaters which I've found to be quite acurate. On the other hand I've only had them less than 2 weeks, so perhaps there just still in the settling in period. They've done lots of webbing so I guess their happy.

Cheers for the imput everone!

Jamie.
        My Collection:

Comment

Working...
        X