T. Apophysis sling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sagar jason nigam View Post
    by the way, what tem do you keep your slings at? I bought another heat mat today which should raise the temp up to about 85f, its currently been at about 75f
    Hi Sagar, we keep ours at around 22-25c, that'll satisfy most T's. If yours isn't eating, it may have gone into premoult.

Comment

by the way is it necessary to keep a bit of a bark hide in there, and how often do you mist, then?
      B.emilia Adult

Spiderling T.Apophysis

Slings:

A.Braunshauseni

H.lividium

B.Bohemi

Phlogius. sp "Earth Tiger"

Comment

very stunning! could be tempted with a few of these in my collection!

Comment

Originally posted by sagar jason nigam View Post
          by the way is it necessary to keep a bit of a bark hide in there, and how often do you mist, then?
          Hi Sagar, no need to mist them, just leave them in the tub as they are, until they get a bit bigger.

Comment

have you or anyone else handled your pinkfoot golieth's before? what are they like?
            B.emilia Adult

Spiderling T.Apophysis

Slings:

A.Braunshauseni

H.lividium

B.Bohemi

Comment

and one last question, what humidity do you keep your slings at? After i started using the paper towels it dropped right down to a moderate 50%, whereas before with the Vermiculite i had it at 90%. So i just put a thin layer of Vermiculite on the bottom of the cage and put the paper on top, and i put in a water bowl so i should stay now at about 80%. So do you succesfuly rear yours at 50%?
              B.emilia Adult

Spiderling T.Apophysis

Slings:

A.Braunshauseni

H.lividium

B.Bohemi

Comment

No, I don't bother with anything like that, it's not necessary, keep things simple if it works, and all mine are doing well, I've never used a gauge at this size, just what's worked for me previously.

Comment

thanks alot for the help, im sure using the tissue paper in stead of he way i had it will help me raise it more successfully.

I think it seems happier though after what i did today, as it fed a couple of hours after i put it back in the box. So i take it you cant handle adult T. apophysis T's, then. My dad was telling me he saw a programme featureing what was prob T. Blondi in the wild, and that the guy was saying they've razor sharp fangs, and that if you got caught on the wrist it could be fatal
                  B.emilia Adult

Spiderling T.Apophysis

Slings:

A.Braunshauseni

H.lividium

B.Bohemi

Comment

Hi Sagar, handling Theraposas is definitely not recommended, these are large T's, the concern is also their urticating hairs, which can cause all sorts of nasty medical problems such as breathing and the possibility of having your sight damaged, there are quite a few threads covering this on the forum, also the Theraposas can reach 10"-12" leg span. We never handle any of our T's unless absolutely necessary, and the BTS quite rightly, have a 'no handling policy'.

Comment

people complaing aout using kitchen paper method

(Sorry about being so unsure, but i just wanted to find out what people think)

Hi, you gave me some advice on T. apophysis sling thread, and i asked you about the wet kitchen paper method of rearing.

But on arachnoboards which i use, the majority of members have complained about the method saying its inefficient and most importantly unnatural, and doesnt allow for burrowing and so on.

Im not that worried about it since in a good book ive got, though its an old one, the author said it was his favorite method, especially since he keeps many spiders, and i know it is efficient and everything since its a good way of retaining moister and dampness and is very clean and everything.

But i was just wondering when would be the best time to move the sling on, especially since some people said that my spiderling was a 'big one' (about the same size as the first photo in the thread, and what instar would you guess that size at? mine looked like that before last molt), and that it would be capable of burrowing.

I was actually planning to put a bit of spagnum moss in the corner in their or something, since it says in the book they like to hide between the strands.

So im not that worried as ive seen pictures in books of people keeping subadults in jars just twice the leg span on kitchen towel, but just wanted to know about the natural behaviour part
                      Thanks alot for all the help
                      B.emilia Adult

Spiderling T.Apophysis

Slings:

A.Braunshauseni

H.lividium

B.Bohemi

Comment

Lovely, want one
                        My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
                        Ray Gabriel

Comment

Working...
                        X