Help with the strange behaviour from my Mexican redknee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scott wilson View Post
    Hello mate...just to add my own female B smithi lives on coir...i wouldnt use vermiculite as when its dry its very dusty and not easy for the spider to walk on...all my collection are kept on coir and they love the stuff...digging and burrowing etc..vermiculite doesnt hold together allowing them to dig into it...as for the moult just keep an eye on him/her and im sure itll be fine....these animals look after themselves and even my female Goliath moults without issues.even though it took her 9 hours last time!!!...keep us posted how you get on mate
    Well Vermiculite isn't too bad,its like mica, but this stuiff looks like Perlite which is like white balls, very lightweight and incredibly dusty! Not good at all for inverts!
    My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
    Ray Gabriel

Comment

Think we've covered the substrate issue now back to the original topic of moulting.
      As Lee and Scott have said, the spider will get around to emerging when it feels comfortable doing so, could take a few days to even weeks depending on the spider itself.
      Some will wait a fair while before they decide the time's right to feed, some will feed almost straight after their mouthparts have hardened sufficiently.
      I would play it safe and give her well over a week before you introduce a food item, even then i would watch to see if it takes it straight away, if it leaves it just remove the food and try again in a couple of days (it won't starve don't worry) just make sure there is water available for it to hydrate itself if needs be.
      Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

here some pic of my very shy B smthy freshly molted!

soon i will change the substrate!

Comment

Doesnt she look gorgeous.
          Well worth the wait Iam sure you will agree

CJ.

Comment

yeah well worth the wait!!

Comment

Oh she looks stunning!
              My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
              Ray Gabriel

Comment