No announcement yet.

heating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed with Lisa, use polystyrene to increase the effectiveness of the heatmat. If the tank seems too big you could use this as a holding tank with many smaller enclosures within, in which case put the heatmat inside. One word of caution with fish tanks, make sure all the holes for wires etc are covered as its too often the case that peoples spiders climb out of their enclosures never to be seen again!
    My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Any heat matt will be fine stuck to the OUTSIDE of the tank...all of my exo terras have heat matts stuck to the outside on one side with a piece of 15mm polystyrene stuck behind it to reflect the heat into the tank....bare in mind heat matts dont heat the air they throw out heat at a different wavelength similar to the suns..so even though they seem quite cool they are in fact heating the surrounding objects including the spider quite well...just make sure you have polystyrene reflecting on the reverse side of the heat matt to send all the heat into the tank...ive used this method on all my terrariums for over 15 years without any issues
      all those moments will be lost in time.....like tears........in rain

Comment

Working...
      X