Photographing Tarantulas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandy Clinch View Post
    I have a Fujifilm Finepix S1000fd (£120 inAsda about 18 months ago) which is brilliant EXCEPTwhen i take a pic with the flash, it freezes the camera andthe only way to get it working is to take the batteries out and start again, and i lose the shot
    If i take the memory card out, it works, but the camera only stores about 8 shots. It's really annoying but i deal with it.
    This could be a few things......
    The memory card could be faulty (try another for comparison)
    The camera could be faulty (either hardware or software, most camera shops will be able to give it a once over for you)
    The memory card could be just on the limit (Size in MB/GB) of the maximum the camera can take due to it's software version. (pop a smaller card in and test)
    The memory card may not be "fast enough" to accept the data from the camera if it's an older card (pop a newer card in and test)

First thing to try is clean the terminals of the card and camera with a good cleaning product, its amazing how many severe faults get sorted with just doing this.
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

I'll give those a try Colin. It's always done it but it is a fairly cheap memory card, so it could be that.

Thanks for the advice

Comment

i used Canon S5 IS before, but i now use Canon sx200 is, this is a lot better for macro then the old Canon S5 IS and it cost about the same.

Comment

Working...
        X