BTS Exhibition 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ray hale View Post
    if you have any photos of last years ( or any years to that matter) post them up.
    bts exhibition 2010
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	94093Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	94094Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	94091Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	94095Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	94092

Comment

Do we have karaoke this year, its surely something missing from the event?
      I think I'll have to bring my own microphone though, Ray wouldnt share his last time!

going to be coming up on the Saturday, not sure what time but hopefully catch up with a few people for curry and beer during the evening.
      My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Hmm..... Karaoke....let me think.....Ok Ive thought .....no! You will just have to win a trophy Pete then you can sing.

We set up on Saturday at 12 noon in case any of you fancy giving us a hand to move tables. You can sing all you like on Saturday Pete.( We are finished and off site by 2.30). Any help is appreciatted just let me know that you are coming.

We then meet up in a local pub ( pm me for details) and eat, drink and talk about spiders until the early hours. Its then up at the crack of dawn ( normally about 5.30am) and off to the event.

Run around like a madman for 8 hours,direct traffic, sort out visitor problems and generally get abused by the masses. Never see any spiders only the inside of toilets whilst replenishing paper and then spend 2 hours putting all the tables back in the classrooms ( in order!) oh, and then drive home (4 hours).

And you know what? I cant wait!!!!!!!!
        British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
        The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
        On
        [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Im already crossing the days off everyday on the calender! Doing my wifes head in about what i want to buy and what might be there this year.

Iv already started cleaning spare vivs out and making space in my "spider room".

Cant wait!!!!
          David Attenborough:
          ‘It seems to me that the issue of conservation of the natural world is something that can unite humanity if people know enough about it. Persuade them to change the way in which they behave, to change the view that gross materialism and the search for material wealth is not the only thing in life.’

Comment

Looking like it's going to be a great event this year (again!!) - looking forward to it all; the moans, the tears, the tantrums - but enough about Ray!! Everyone I'm sure will have a great time.
            Especially interested to see what interesting specimens the Competition will attract this year. Always a hard job to judge, but we get there in the end.
            And Pete - DEFINITELY NO SINGING!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Can anyone tell me if its cheaper buying T's at the BTS show than buying from online suppliers?
              Just iv seen a couple from the online supplier i usually buy from that i want, but i dont want to buy them now then go to the show in 2 weeks time and theyr half price.
              Many thanks
              Kyle
              David Attenborough:
              ‘It seems to me that the issue of conservation of the natural world is something that can unite humanity if people know enough about it. Persuade them to change the way in which they behave, to change the view that gross materialism and the search for material wealth is not the only thing in life.’

Comment

Usually, yes. Saves on postage for starters and often many spiders are reduced in price as the day progresses.
                Any chance you can reserve and collect on the day?
                Guy...
                www.giantspiders.com

Comment

Its getting nearer! Just a quick remider that over the next few days a lot of you will be recieving renewal remnders. We hope you will continue to support the BTS by returning them and rejoining. If you do and I receive them before the show dont worry I will have a list of names of those who have renewed and any new members who are yet to recieve their cards, so you can still get your discount at the door.

So dont forget to renew and be part of the best Society in the world.

Looking forward to it.
                  Ray

[B]
                  On

Comment

EXHIBITION UPDATE:

Following on from the feedback from last year a number of visitors suggested that we should have an area where you can arrange to meet up and have a chat and a cuppa with all those people you meet on the various forums that you subscribe to. With this in mind this year we are providing a "MEET AND EAT AREA". This will be an area with tables and chairs that you can sit, chat and eat and have a well earned rest from buying all those tarantulas. The area will be signposted from the entrance.

We have also decided to produce a list of Exhibitors at the event although this will not be available until the day and will be displayed on a notice board inside the event. This will inform you in which Hall each exhibitor is situated. If you are looking for a particular exhibitor then just ask either myself or any of the BTS Committee on the day.

We have two trade halls (A and B) and Hall C where the spider competiion takes place. This is where the Lecture by Andrew Smith will take place at 1.30 sharp. This year he is talking about his Expedition to Malaysia.

Catering will be available as usual outside the main entance and there is a MacDonalds at the top of the road. Any questions? just post them up and I will answer them for you.

See you all soon

Ray Hale
                    Exhibition Organiser

[B]
                    On

Comment

Hello again. We have a film crew coming along on Sunday to film for the Discovery Channel. They are looking to film at the show and also they would like to film someone in the Birmigham area that has a large collection of tarantulas and wants to be on the telly.
                      If you are reasonably sane ( lets me out) and have a decent collection and would like a film crew invading your house (on Friday I beleive) then PM me and I will forward your phone number. to the right person. Be quick though as they are keen to get going.

Cheers

Ray

[B]
                      On

Comment

Come on you lot. Iknow you are out there. Ive spoken to the TV Company. Very nice they are to. The programme is a sensible look at spiders and they are happy to film at someone house AFTER the event. So if you are in the Birminham area it might be fun and gives you a chance to promote the hobby. If it wasnt the show weekend and I am up to my eyes in trying to ensure the show runes smoothly I would do it myself. Please get back to me asap.

Cheers

Ray

[B]
                        On

Comment

Hi Everyone, just a quickie. On Thursday evening (8.30) Myself ,Mark Pennell and Peter Kirk will be doing a special Exhibition chat on the BTS Chat Room. Pleae feel free to join us and we will answer any questions you might have about the forthcoming BTS Exhibition.

Try to join us if you can .

Cheers

Ray Hale
                          BTS Exhibition Organiser

[B]
                          On

Comment

Well its here.The BTS Exhibition Weekend

Today I have mostly been doing Radio Beacon, Radio BRMB, Radio Wm and Radio Cre8 in Stoke.

I have a feeling we may be busy. Good weather is forecast.

We leave for the Midlands at around 5.00am tomorrow to set up the event for Sunday. So a final call for ANY volunteers to give us a hand putting tables out and generally setting up. We will be at the school at 12 noon and we are usually away by 2.30. Then in the evening we are at
                            The Elizabeth Arms in Bilston if anyone would care to join us and allow me to abuse your hospitality by accepting free drinks. ( No bribes are accepted other than in pints)

Hope some of you can make it as quite a crowd tend to gather there. If you have never been please come along and say hello either on the Saturday evening or at the BTS stand on the day.

So we will see you all at the Exhibition.

Best wishes

Ray and Angela

[B]
                            On

Comment

See you at 12 (or thereabouts) tomorrow!
                              sigpic

Comment

Hmm, I meant to join the chat on Thursday and got the day wrong -- doh! I just wondered what the best time to go would be; we heard that last year the queue was very long very early -- does it go down after the doors open..? And will all the good stuff disappear if we leave it too late? (I'm still pondering a P. metallica sling, but wouldn't be too upset to miss out... I do have a few others on my wishlist.)

Has everyone come to Birmingham already, or are there still people around to answer?

Comment

Working...
                                X