No announcement yet.

next step and last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I give a general mist at no specific target, I do not aim at the t' at all though. When I give pre killed crickets I just plonk them on the substrate. I ensure any left overs are picked out the next day tho (very rare there is any trace).

Comment

Originally posted by MarkPorter View Post
      I give a general mist at no specific target, I do not aim at the t' at all though. When I give pre killed crickets I just plonk them on the substrate. I ensure any left overs are picked out the next day tho (very rare there is any trace).
      Thanks Mark I was wondering as with avics they web so I can place pre killed on it..
      But the regalis hasn't done a web like that it's just put a cover over the groove it sits in lol.. and the cork is 5" long.

Comment

Right my regalis sling has eaten
        So that's good and I can enjoy watching it grow now..

So how many pokies are in the hobby and is there any way to see what they look like..
        Because next it a P.miranda as well as P.metallica .. But then what?

Comment

Im getting my P.Regalis from the guy you showed me john He or she arrives on wednesday cant wait P.Formosa looks cool

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah Wells View Post
            Im getting my P.Regalis from the guy you showed me john He or she arrives on wednesday cant wait P.Formosa looks cool
            Your enjoy the regalis.. just watch out it's fast lol..
            I held the tissue with tongs and opened the tissue with a paint brush ( artist one ) and placed the tissue near cork and
            the sling still ran around the tissue before moving on to cork ..

I'm looking at other pokies to see what I like lol..

Comment

Hey John i have my P.regalis sling, You are right they are fast haha, mine managed to run out of the container and under my computer desk, luckily i caught it XD haha. Think from now on ill open slings and juvis in the bath so they cant escape so easily XD

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah Wells View Post
                Hey John i have my P.regalis sling, You are right they are fast haha, mine managed to run out of the container and under my computer desk, luckily i caught it XD haha. Think from now on ill open slings and juvis in the bath so they cant escape so easily XD
                Hi Sarah.

don't forget put the plug in the bath lol..

Yep pokie slings are fast.. I'm surprised you did it on your pc table and good job you stopped it..
                or your be hunting it all day lol.

Comment

I learnt my lesson not to do it on the desk again lol. First time its happened and don't want to chance it again hehe

Comment

Originally posted by John chambers View Post
                    the regalis is 2cm long and the crickets are near the same!
                    So I got small locust that some are 1cm long.
                    So maybe these will do ? or I'll have to find away to feed it pre killed

In my limited experience i have found that almost all slings and juvs will take down prey the same size and in some cases larger than themselves without any problems whatsoever.

I regularly feed my juvenile chromatus, brocklehursti, smithi and vagans adult Blatta lateralis (Turkestan or Red Runner Roach), all of which are the same size or slightly smaller that the roaches.
                    None have any problems in subduing the roach and the fight is over in a few seconds, that why they have venon after all
                    I also have over 100 small slings (0.5 to 1cm) of various species that can and do take crickets the same size as themselves with no problems.

Comment

Well after moving the sling to a clearer container I found two locust bodies .. so the sling had not eaten.
                      So now I'm going over to crickets..
                      The pound container was not clear enough and the new container is much better .. all I had todo was drill air holes and
                      place substrat.. lift cork with sling ( hiding in it's web ) and that was easy..
                      New container came free with milk ..

Comment

Working...
                      X