G Rosea egg sack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peter Roach View Post
    I pulled my geniculata's egg sac a few days ago after 2 months. Once she had laid the eggs and rolled the sac i covered the container with a towel and ignored her except to top up the water bowl by pouring water slowly through the lid. At no time did i move the container she was in as i didn't want her disturbed at all.
    I opened the sac and now have 593 N2's. The idea next time will be to add together the 8 weeks that i left the sac with mum and the amount of time it takes from N2 to sling and then I'll minus 1 week, that will be the amount of time that I'll leave the sac with the female before pulling it.
    yep don't worry there will be no disturbing her next time thats for sure!! 2 months seems like a fair time, how much longer would it have been before they came bursting out of the eggsac them selfs? 593 N2's i don't know but i am guessing thats normal for that genus or is this an exceptional amount? do they require any further incubation? whats the next step? hey and congrats on that! i guess those 30 years of experience are paying off,,,so thats 893 T's you have now he he, do you have any other T's that are gravid or holding onto eggsac's?

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Roach View Post
      I pulled my geniculata's egg sac a few days ago after 2 months. Once she had laid the eggs and rolled the sac i covered the container with a towel and ignored her except to top up the water bowl by pouring water slowly through the lid. At no time did i move the container she was in as i didnt want her disturbed at all.
      I opened the sac and now have 593 N2's. The idea next time will be to add together the 8 weeks that i left the sac with mum and the amount of time it takes from N2 to sling and then I'll minus 1 week, that will be the amount of time that i'll leave the sac with the female before pulling it.
      omg 593...that's a great result well done mate!
      and tell the old girl congrats from her old owner lol
      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
      -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

A egg sac containing 593 is small for a genic, as far ive ive researched they generally have between 1000 to 2000 per sac.

Comment

Working...
        X