No announcement yet.

OK.....someone needs to stop me now....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK.....someone needs to stop me now....

Hi folks
    I have come across a worrying phenomenon. I started not too many months back now with My Acanthoscurria geniculata..... then my Avicularia something grumpy, sulky pants, pinktoe followed not long afterwards. I figured....yep...that's me sorted now.

Then amazingly the postie delivered:

Phlogiellus sp. "Goliath"
    Poecilotheria striata
    Grammostola pulchra

Right....that is DEFINATELY me ...I thought to myself, but no.... after perusing The spider Shop the postie delivered:

Psalmopoeus irminia
    Ephebopus cyanognathus

"ok...you are NOW finished for a while" says the other half..... "yes baby...of course I am...." I agreed

So today....I was off work....and he wasn't..... and I was on the internet...

And on Thursday the postie will be delivering:

Poecilotheria metallica
    Lasiodora parahybana

Is this an illness? is there a cure for this addiction? Will I need a bigger house? will it end with me neatly wrapped in spider silk somewhere, dessicated?

Are there similar cases out there to me (please god let there be lol )

Sorcha x )
    Acanthoscurria geniculata, Ephebopus cyanognathus, Phlogiellus sp. "Goliath", Psalmopoeus irminia, Grammostola pulchra, Acanthoscurria geniculata, Poecilotheria striata

No, no. You see, T's are covered in an addictive substance that makes you crave more of them from the moment you come into contact with one. The governments of the world have been keeping this hidden from the public for a long time while they try and figure out a way of charging a tax on it much like fuel duty.

Yeah, I said I'd stop once I got to 32 or at least only go to 35 since that's a nice round number, but there's four more ordered from TSS tonite *oops* and of course 36 will be a silly sounding number so I'll need another 4 soon to round it off to 40.

Comment

Ahhhhh I see, this would explain why ...after posting my original post....I went back to TSS and ordered another 2 slings *oops*.

As I have stopped smoking i'm guessing that said *chemical substance* has taken the place of the nicotein.

Acanthoscurria geniculata, Ephebopus cyanognathus, Phlogiellus sp. "Goliath", Psalmopoeus irminia, Grammostola pulchra, Acanthoscurria geniculata, Poecilotheria striata

Comment

In hope it helps, i justify some of my collection by them being males, soon to mature and move on, so they dont really count.

and ps. after starting with just a few in my upstairs room, i then got a large heated cabinet and moved them into that. I've since got two overflow cabinets next to the first, a large stack of assorted adults ontop of those cabinets which dont fit inside (which i justify as 'cooler climate' species, so they dont really need to be in heated cabinet, allowing that space to be filled with others), a couple more (well five) of the largest display adults downstairs, another separate large heated terrarium full of containers for various spiderlings, and now Ray Gabriel went to panama again... i've now got about 50 more of his too...

If you find a good therapist, let me know please. Or better still, let me know if you find someone selling other beautiful species cheaply !!

So more importantly, which are you getting next?
        British Tarantula Society
        My Lovely spiders:

Comment

Originally posted by stuart longhorn View Post
          If you find a good therapist, let me know please. Or better still, let me know if you find someone selling other beautiful species cheaply !!

So more importantly, which are you getting next?

Well...when I went back onto TSS I ended up ordering Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens and Tapinauchenius cupreus.

however....**sighs** I also would really like an Avicularia huriana, and a Poecilotheria ornata and most definately Monocentropus balfouri....and an OBT ...and the list goes on :/ I will keep my eyes and ears open for a decent therapist.

**googles heated cabinets **

Comment

Its worse than smoking cos you can easily give up smoking !!
            Many (many many) years ago i was bought an AF smithi for my 18th birthday and it been downhill all the way since then. I started with one and I'm now hovering around 300-ish (I'm not counting the 600 N2 genics LOL)

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Roach View Post
              Its worse than smoking cos you can easily give up smoking !!
              Many (many many) years ago i was bought an AF smithi for my 18th birthday and it been downhill all the way since then. I started with one and I'm now hovering around 300-ish (I'm not counting the 600 N2 genics LOL)
              I think I'm going to have to punt the 6 chinchillas and the angora rabbit out of the spare room and build me some shelves LOL . I honestly cannot help myself. Maybe I should disconnect my internet !!

Comment

oh dear i was under the illusion that it was easy to stop no one warned me of the severe addiction warning needed with them and im only on 8 still waiting on b smithi hubby is going to get me via TSS and then there was one on here someone pm me about that only wish i could have afforded maybe i should sell my car and just buy more surely the 5 kids wont mind walking the 2mile round trip to school and i can use it as excuse to lose weight

Comment

My eldest lad is 18yrs old in April, I keep hinting at him to move out so I can use his room for my T's, I'm a bad parent!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Furness View Post
                    My eldest lad is 18yrs old in April, I keep hinting at him to move out so I can use his room for my T's, I'm a bad parent!!
                    mines 13 and im already telling him when he goes its a spider and reptile room i now feel like i cant be that bad a parent as im not the only one lol

Comment

... and with the weather delaying TSS shipping orders, it was waaaaay to easy to ask them to add another spiderling to my order *oops!*

Comment

lol lee thats the kind of thing id do or go to shop and say well i had to buy 3 because i couldnt leave 1 on its own

Comment

Not the only one Lee my eldest is 18 and keep hinting for her to move out so I can finally have my own T room but she won't have any of it so I hijacked half the front room, the missus is pulling her hair out as the collection grows and grows originally ordered 5 T's from TSS added to order yesterday and again today now have a total of 22 ordered bringing my collectionl to think 57 the missus isn't happy but I defended myself by saying they're very rare if I didn't get them then I may of missed my chance n never see them again any time soon (missed out on the Homeomma sp blue large a while back, kicked myself ever since) she's still not impressed but wants me to move them to other side of the room with nice matching shelving which will make loads more room for more!

So as soon as I find something suitable and lightweight, easy to pack up as hoping to move in the not so near future I'll be adding more to the collection

Comment

It is so hard, after picking a few up at the SEAS i am so tempted to buy more (particularly from TSS). But im gonna wait till may 20th and go for it then. Gives me time to build my shelving unit to keep em and to decide what to add, rather than just impulse

Comment

I've got a large walk-in cupboard that I'm going to convert for most of mine to go in, easier to heat that in the cold weather and less disturbance there. There'll be a few still out on display though. I've also got a similar cupboard upstairs that is mainly full of junk, tools and things that we don't use often (xmas stuff etc) - planning on flooring the loft to shift all that into so I can use that cupboard for my slings and juveniles

Yeah Simon, I've reached the point now where I'm having to spend more time considering the longevity/growth rate and adult sizes before making purchases until I sort out the aforementioned cupboards.

Comment

Working...
                              X