Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you keep your t`s on dry substrate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK! Thanks! I am now going to try this method more seriously.

Comment

Last edited by Pekka Hiekkapelto; 06-06-12, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Yes, at the beginning, I kept my avicularia versicolor with 70% humidity, coco peat substrate, real plant, real sterile dead branch etc. But I always find mites, fungus etc. So I kept my avicularia versicolor dry with only waterdish and it works fine. the only thing bothering me now is the fly (somehow they managed to get in although I already give micro screen on the cage. Probably phorid flies eggs have already on the roaches.

Anyway, back to your question, I kept my selenocosmia javanensis in a damp, moist cage. Because that species tend to die if kept in dry cage... I don't know for sure but most of them refuse to make the nest underground if kept dry and then they die. All of my selenocosmias which kept with dry coco peat refuse to make nest and die. Sad. Strange thing is, there's hardly no mushroom at all in the moist cage. Perhaps because the tarantula "spray" it's silk everywhere in the coco peat surface, making mushroom can't grow on the ground. And so far, I found no mites in the cage, but I'm not really sure about that.

So, it's depending on the species, I think...
        my spiders gallery in deviant art: http://teru-shinju.deviantart.com/

Comment

Working...
        X