No announcement yet.

Someone should have warned me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My current count is 87. Although I am thinning down as I'm starting to run out of room! I didn't account for how much space they would need as they get older and require bigger enclosures - lol. It's easy when they're small

Jamie
    My Collection:

Comment

I've been keeping tarantulas for about 10 years - I reached around 30 in the space of a year, and then had to downsize for a house move. Then it crept back up to about 20 over the space of about four years (trying to be careful as I knew I'd likely be moving about a bit). I downsized my collection again, and kept it to 5, as I was re-training for a change in career which took over from the hobby, (I have other hobbies too, mainly music and fly fishing). But I've been getting back into the spider bug over the last few months and I now appear to have 9. Although one of them I bought for my girfriend, so technically I have 8. Which means I can get two more as we both agreed I'd stop my collection at 10. I can't see that actually happening...

I've had all sorts over the years, but currently I have: G. rosea AF (my first spider), L. parahybana AF (my second spider bought as a 1nch spiderling), G. pulcheripes Juv/SAF, P. metallica (sold to me as female although I have doubts since seeing it for myself), a recently acquired and most likely female Juv/SA T. stirmi, and a few spiderlings - A. purpurea, P. miranda, and P. subfusca (highland). My girlfriends spider is a SAF B. smithi.

I'm hoping to get E. murinus, and P. irminia to make it up to my 10. Then we shall see...
      Have a good time all the time

Comment

Had one for 6 months- then in same time it shot up to 7. Been stuck on 7 for almost 12 months Not sure how impressed OH would be if I got a few dozen more- My have to buy her a couple (Luckilly she likes 'em )

Comment

i've been keeping ...must be 6-7 years now? already? and i have officially lost count.
          and nobody warned me either
          i regret nothing!
          Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
          -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
          My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Beynon - Jones View Post
            I've been keeping tarantulas for about 10 years - I reached around 30 in the space of a year, and then had to downsize for a house move. Then it crept back up to about 20 over the space of about four years (trying to be careful as I knew I'd likely be moving about a bit). I downsized my collection again, and kept it to 5, as I was re-training for a change in career which took over from the hobby, (I have other hobbies too, mainly music and fly fishing). But I've been getting back into the spider bug over the last few months and I now appear to have 9. Although one of them I bought for my girfriend, so technically I have 8. Which means I can get two more as we both agreed I'd stop my collection at 10. I can't see that actually happening...

I've had all sorts over the years, but currently I have: G. rosea AF (my first spider), L. parahybana AF (my second spider bought as a 1nch spiderling), G. pulcheripes Juv/SAF, P. metallica (sold to me as female although I have doubts since seeing it for myself), a recently acquired and most likely female Juv/SA T. stirmi, and a few spiderlings - A. purpurea, P. miranda, and P. subfusca (highland). My girlfriends spider is a SAF B. smithi.

I'm hoping to get E. murinus, and P. irminia to make it up to my 10. Then we shall see...

It would seem I now have 32....

Oops...

It would only be 29 if people didn't keep sending me free curly hair slings.... Absolutely not complaining though! I (99.9%) sexed one of them as female earlier from a moult under my kiddy toy microscope. I don't actually have kids, the scope was I toy I bought just for me

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Roach View Post
              I had a count last week as I was repotting some juvies into larger tubs and I dont have as many as i thought . . . . . I've only got 429
              4 months later and with the recent slings . . .the number is up to over 800

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Roach View Post
                4 months later and with the recent slings . . .the number is up to over 800
                Greed Peter. Pure greed Good effort!

I paired my N. chromatus female last week, the male got one good insertion, then she nailed him. I've since got a 2nd MM, have shark tanked and there's been a bit of interaction, but they don't seem majorly fussed with each other....

Are you waiting to grow the slings on a bit before selling?

Comment

14 in 4 months (may even be just 3!)

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Beynon - Jones View Post

Are you waiting to grow the slings on a bit before selling?
                    Thats the idea

Comment

Working...
                    X