Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neil Richardson
    Oh okay, i was mis-informed.

We'll be in touch once we have our female and have it settled in.

How long after a moult can you leave it and still mate a female?? I'll see if i can get a moult date from Mark when i speak to him. This will be our first attempt at mating.

I'd probabky say as soon as she starts eating again

Visit my web site @ http://www.gwrightstarantulacare.co.uk

Comment

I mean how late into the year can she still be moulted? If it's too late, surely she'll lose the sperm when she sheds?
      And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Richardson
        I mean how late into the year can she still be moulted? If it's too late, surely she'll lose the sperm when she sheds?
        there is no telling when she is going to moult unless you have moulting records.

It's usually best to wiat untill after they have moulted before trying to breed them.

However I have still mated spiders before with out knowing weather they are going to moult or not nad still got an egg sac from them. There no harm in trying

Comment

Good point

We'll be in touch then
          And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

Okay, Mark's put it in the post and it'll be here on Tuesday morning.

He says it's a bit thin, as he thinks it's dropped an egg sac recently, so it'll probably have to be fed up a bit before we mate them, dont want her thinking that the male is her dinner after all :P

Also, it's wild caught, so he doesn't have the last moult date.

Comment

well she is here and settling in nicely she is not quite as thin as i was expecting which is a good thing once shes eating and fully at home the big matting experiment can begin.

Comment

good luck guys. It's always nice to hear of a good love story

Comment

ok I'll be sending it out to craig sometime this week I think then after him it is then to you and then off to Dean

Comment

Working...
                  X