A.versicolor's housed in Custom Aquaria Tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.versicolor's housed in Custom Aquaria Tanks

I have had 5 versi slings for a couple of months now and they are all doing very well.

With help from a certain member of the BTS (thanks Layla!!), I have made successful enclosures for them out of plastic containers, allowing good ventilation.

All being well, when they eventually reach adult size or near enough, I hope to house them in the standard glass arboreal tanks as made by custom aquaria, with the glass sliding panel on the front and a strip of mesh ventilation in the back.

My question is, has or does anyone use these particular tanks for Versicolors and if so, do they provide adequate ventilation, that is so much required for Versicolors to survive.

I like these tanks, they are well made and look good. I just want to check to see if they are suitable for Versi's

Thanks for reading!!

Hi Howard!
    I think they are fine for versis. I have my AF in a sweetie jar with holes in now but hope to get her a nice tank at the BTS show for a display.
    The arboreal tanks from custom aquaria are generally top opening I believe but I know some people who had ones with front and top openings.
    Layla

P.s. thanx for the kind comment

Comment

Ive got one of the tanks in question, 45x30x30cm and it houses an adult female P.Fasciata with no problems, you should be fine with your avics.
      And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

Cheers Guys!!

Thanks for the replies.

I thought that the tanks would be okay as they are built by T keepers for T keepers and the guys at Custom do know their stuff, but I wanted to check.

Layla - No problem, it was well deserved. Regarding the tanks, I had some a few years ago that were just top opening, but I saw some at the last BTS show that had top and front openings, which I feel would be better as you can guarantee that they will just have to web where you need to get access. The little guys aren't that old and they have learnt that little trick already!!!

Comment

lol typical avic's then. I so cant wait to get mine.

Comment

Sarah: I know what you mean!!!

I only intend to keep two and move the other three on, once they have grown on a bit (I love a challenge). If you are interested and prepared to wait, they will probably be available in the New year. (the hard sell begins!! )

I eventually got two arboreal tanks at the AES show, but they are still far too big for the versi's and will be for a while yet.

The trouble is, I now have two empty arboreal tanks just sitting there screaming out to be filled............................hmmm

Comment

mmm tempting the prob is we dont have the space here for anything more than slings. Mmmmm what about some pokies for those two tanks or those african arborals?

Comment

Funny you should say that as I got 3 regalis at the AES show, although they too are babies at the moment.

What would really fill them nice would be a couple of P.metallica's, here's hoping

Comment

Lol. I have 2 colonies going of pokies but I dont think I could ever bring myself to have communities of metallica or subfusca....I think Id spend all day counting them lol.
                  Howard you say you intend to keep some and sell some lol....that was our plan when we got our first versis a year ago......still have them all now! Cant bear to be parted with them!

Comment

has a feeling she is going to be the same when she gets going with hers. Oh Layla those chaco slings of yours are starting to hit 4th instar now and starting to show adult colours.

Comment

lol sarah. Neil showed me pics of em. Madness lol!

Comment

yeah crazy blighters but there we go I am having to start eatting loads of jam and marmalde to have the new homes ready in time for them all.

Comment

lol. Im not fussed with glass jars to be perfectly honest. Not a whole lot of air circulation IMO.
                          I tend to use things like tupperware tubs and sweet boxes (not plastic jars). Or try and get a deal on a few small kritter keepers from local pet shop. The tommy tanks smallest are great for juvies and also some coffee jars that Marie and Ian metcalfe use. You can sometimes find them in cheap shops and they are fab and look smart too

Comment

With permission from Ian Metcalfe here is the sling/small juv pot made from cheap shop tea/coffee and sugar pots.

All you do is remove handle from top by unscrewing it (if you are stacking them) and then drill some holes. Fill with desired 'strate and decor and hey presto. They cost between 99p and £1.99 depending on which shop you go to. They look really smart as well.

Comment

Wow, they look good

Might have to go looking for those in town tommorow
                              And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

Working...
                              X