No announcement yet.

A.versicolor's housed in Custom Aquaria Tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

definately but we need to make sure there is a under lid as well as the other wooden lid plus would those fit in the nurseary? if not how will we heat the dears?

Comment

you dont need any other lids.x

Comment

Our sling tubs sit in a heated tank, so i think sarah was worrying about those wooden tubs of yours being too high to fit in the tank and still get the lid on.
        And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

Ahhh I get ya now

Comment

And the heatmat for the nursery tank is on the underside of the lid, so that the heat is uniform when it reaches the slings, didn't want some of them roasting and others freezeing after all

Going to pot them up into some little tupperware/freezer containers that we bought from wilkos today for 69p
            And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

I know the ones. The little half pint beakers from there are the best for arboreal slings

Comment

These are a bit squatter than those.

Comment

Okay, here are the pictures of the improvised sling tubs.

Melt some holes in the top using a pair of hot scissors, or a hot nail for example. Take care that the spiderling cannot escape.

Add one spider, plus the old film canister that it used to live in makes an excellent new hide/lair

Comment

They are great Neil. Hope the slings are happy in em

Comment

well they seem to be Layla they have been out and about having a bit of an explore, and have eatten so seem to be fine. Plus they now have space to streach which in their old homes they had grown out of.

Comment

Thats great Sarah. Its really nice to know that some of the babies I sold are being very well looked after

Comment

They are also starting to become the faisty T's they will be as adults, we are getting hair flicks and threat poses from one or two of them already. Not to mention the fat they are willing to defend self though bitting if they get overly scared, one of the buggers caught me when I was re-homing them.

Comment

Im shocked. Out of about the 100 we still have I have had one threaten to kick hairs(kicked but nothing come off else Id of itched!) and no probs with any as far as threatning and bites. IMO they are one of the most docile species. Their Mother only ever kicked hairs once and tht was when we took her sac off her.
                            Always use a soft small brush to usher them out of tubs so that if they think your food they bite the brush.
                            Hope your ok

Comment

yeah I am fine nothing to bad a sore finger well the tip only for a few hours was all, nothing like what I was expecting from other descriptions of bites and a bit of redness. To be honest the little bugger caught me by suprise as they dont normally react to fingers like that. It probabaly thought I was threatening it to much so paniced. To be honest I not sure whever to be more mad at self for getting bitten or embrarassed by what I got by.

Comment

Avicularia species can be hard to get established.

If they do not produce web they tend to die, wild caughts, captive bred dosent matter no web 99% no live.

This also includes rehousing from Juvenile containers into adult containers, if they have had web as a juvenile and you move the spider into a larger container without its exsisting web, if does not make a new wed it will 99% die.

Here is my sugestion.

set up the tanks for when they are adults adults and place the juvenile containers in the tanks with the lids off.

using some net curtain UNDER the lift of lid and use an elastic band to hold it down around the top of the tank, just untill the spiders is to big to escape.

allow the juvenile to make its own way in its own time from the smaller container into the adult one and when it does remove the juvenile container (as long as the web is not attatched to it of course)

I have used this method a few times over the years and my Avic losses droped through rehousing.

Ray

Comment

Working...
                                X