No announcement yet.

The AES show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a problem Karl. I do remember you. You asked for a new membership card ( It has been sent).

Freedom of speech and opinions is what this forum is all about. I hope you will continue to support the BTS by remaining a member. Journal is on its way. We can now look forward to the BTS Exhibition in MAy.

Regards

Ray
    British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
    The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
    On
    [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

I would also like to point out that many of the peopel attending the AES are not just there to buy dead bugs to hang on thier walls. I saw a few old friends from my Insect collecting days at the show, these people Doctors and professors of entomology, Museum curators etc, are the TOP people in thier respective fields, the invertibrate people equivalents of Andy Smith etc.

I am aware of the people who do not like us "pet keepers" being there who see no scientific advantage in what we do (they dont know us to well), but it is there show.

Many of the species on sale there are captive farmed and many captive bred.

I think it is a far better way to build up a collection of dead butterflies for example to buy captive bred dead specimens than go out and kill your own.

and for those people wishing to sell (invertibrate as opposed to spider)livestock then they are doing the same as us, breeding in captivity.

I have attended the AES for around 15 years and in that time i saw the show BAN all forms of vertibrates from being sold (a good move as far as i was concerned even though i also breed reptlies), it would be a VERY SAD day if the AES banned the selling of Arachnids or "pet spiders".

There are very few shows now in the UK what 5 a year now 6?down from one a fortnight a couple of years ago, and as this is the oldest and biggest invert show in the UK, we should support all the shows which are left.

Ray

Comment

Working...
      X