X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all

Hi all

I have collected Tarantulas for 15 years, in the summer of 1994 i took my children to london zoo, in the insect house they got out a Brachypelma smithi to show the public.

All the way home on the train my 10 year old son gave it the can i have one dad over and over again.

To my wifes horror i finally gave in and we bought him an adult Aphonopelma seemanni for his birthday and an adult Grammostola rosea ( cala at the time) for christmas.
    After a few months he got into Ninja turtles and lost interest in the tarantulas and i took over thier maintenance. As you are all aware the bug takes over and i now own over 180 tarantulas, several Scorpions,
    Millipedes and six colonies of Cockroaches. The rosea died last year well into her twenties, but my first tarantula "Maxie" the seemanni is still alive if a bit threadbear now

I run Invicta arachnid club of which i have been chairman for the last ten years, i spend most of my time running our IAC forum and editing the newsletter which is why it has taken so long for me join this community, although Matt Spooner our webmaster is a prolific contributer to the bts forum.

Now i have finished boring you if anyone wants a chat i look forward to talking to you.

Chris

South East Arachnid Show (SEAS) Sunday 31-1-16 Ashford international Hotel jct 9 M20
    Why not make a weekend of it.

Comment

• Hi Chris, welcome to the forum

Comment

• Thanks linda

South East Arachnid Show (SEAS) Sunday 31-1-16 Ashford international Hotel jct 9 M20
        Why not make a weekend of it.

Comment

• Hello everybody........i'm new to this in every way imaginable....just bought my first T...a gorgeous 3" brachypelma boehmei female(so im told)...called her Sheila.....not sure of her age.
          Look forward to chatting with y'all and hopefully gaining some knowledge on T's as i go.

Comment

• Hi Clive & welcome

Hi clive & welcome its great here i only just got into the hobbie as well there a great bunch of people on here,i started with one and now ime on 9 when my next three come this week lol,you soon lern any thing you need to no,just ask like i do .....enjoy it here mate and look forward to reading your posts ect
            0.0.1 Aphonopelma Abberans 1cm sling
            0.0.2 Citharischius Crawshayi 2inch+ juv
            0.0.3 Lasiodora parahybana 2+cm slings
            0.0.1 emperor scorpion 5cm ish

Comment

• Hi Clive, welcome to the forum, as Alistair say's always lots of help and advice on hand, but beware, collecting T's is an addictive hobby lol.

Comment

• *waves*

*peeks from behind the computer screen*

Hiya everyone.

Another newbie to add to the growing list. I've only been keeping t's for going on 6 weeks now. I have 0.1.0 A.purpurea (georgous lil girl when she comes out of hiding) 0.1.0 G.rosea (another gentle soul who roams her tank) [both of these I've had for the full 6wks *w*] 0.0.1 A.versicolor (nice wee sling who weaves wonderful webs) and 0.0.1 B.smithi (who dances around it's tub)[both have had a week in my care]

I do agree with the person above (Linda) that they are addictive, as I have another two slings coming hopefully friday and I find my self daily researching and checking out the Classifieds (yanno, eager beaver n all that.) It's amazing to see how they each interact with their surrounding and their food. My wish list has another four species (none of which are reported as aggressive, cos well ... hrmph, just not ready for those yet lol)

So yeah, thats me. Hope all are well

H

Comment

• Hi hazel & others new to the site

Hi hazel i also have only been keeping T's a short time there great and so interesting ,enjoy it here same go's out to the others just joined...cheers Ali
                  0.0.1 Aphonopelma Abberans 1cm sling
                  0.0.2 Citharischius Crawshayi 2inch+ juv
                  0.0.3 Lasiodora parahybana 2+cm slings
                  0.0.1 emperor scorpion 5cm ish

Comment

• Hi Hazel, welcome to the forum.

Comment

• Welcom everyone. Hope you enjoy th forum. Hazel, I'm a fifer too. Where about are you? I grew up in Methil.
                      www.flickr.com/photos/craigmackay/sets

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

• I currently bide where you are from Craig lol ... Oh n I'd like to make an ammendment. My A.pupurea has turned out to be a Avic sp "Peru purple" heh

Comment

• Welcome to all the new visitors.
                          Hi Hazel, hope you enjoy your beanweavils
                          My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel Duffy View Post
                            I currently bide where you are from Craig lol ...
                            Alloa or Methil? Small world!!

Comment

• Hey there Peter, I sure am looking forward to the Bean Weavils. Got a few hungry mouths to feed *g*

Methil, Craig heh

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel Duffy View Post
                                Hey there Peter, I sure am looking forward to the Bean Weavils. Got a few hungry mouths to feed *g*

Methil, Craig heh
                                Ah cool, thats a shame. It'd be nice to meet some like minded people in my own town.

Comment

Working...
                                X