This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Everyone

I recently have had a problem with my account and have had to start a new one. I'm still the same kelly murray but haven't got round to putting everything back on yet.
    anybody who i have talked to or made friends with can contact me through this account
    sorry for the delay hope to hear from you all

Comment

• Hi Kelly

Hi,i hear things are good for you......got settled in now n all that jazz
      0.0.1 Aphonopelma Abberans 1cm sling
      0.0.2 Citharischius Crawshayi 2inch+ juv
      0.0.3 Lasiodora parahybana 2+cm slings
      0.0.1 emperor scorpion 5cm ish

Comment

• Welcome back new but same old Kelly lol

Comment

• Newbie with a chaco!!!

Hi all, Im James from Birmingham. Its taken me long enougth but i have finally got around to getting a Tarantula!!!! yay. Decided to get a Chaco GoldenKnee as i was told they are a great starter. Plus i couldn't resist she looked the coolist!!! Want to get another one too. Any suggestions? I am new to this but think i'm taking to it well. Anyone else have a goldenknee?

Comment

• Hi James, welcome to the forum, once you've got one T there's no stopping, they're so addictive, and you'll always find lots of help on the forum.

Comment

• Thanks.

yeah i can imagine. i have enougth space and money for two more. i was told my chaco is a good starter so i wouldn't mind getting another easyish one and an intermidiate one. any suggestions?

Comment

• A warm welcome to all people new to the forum

Lynn

Comment

• Hi James, any of the Brachypelma are a good starter T or a G. Rosea RCF, if you want a big T but small at the start, try a juvenile/sub adult L. Parahybana, they are a robust easy care and grow big.

Comment

• welcome James and Alaric!
                    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
                    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

• welcome

hello to all new members, i have only been a member for about 4 months and have found everyone to be helpfull and friendly on the site, a Word Of Warning though, i had 1 spider in January and now have 40, am making my own tanks and have sold my wife, children and loyal servant rufus the mastiff all in the pursuit of my new found hobby, i am thinking of attending A.A meeting (Arachnids Anonymous) for help to quit!!!!
                      Just pulling your legs, but its a great hobby (full time obsession) and some very knowledgeable people willing to help, welcome

Comment

• Hi Alaric, welcome to the forum, hope you've got deep pockets, it's a very addictive hobby lol

Comment

• New to the site

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Joey. I'm a graduate student in the USA studying insect systematics. I've been keeping reptiles for over 20 years. For the last 15 years I've been keeping Ts as well. I'm currently working with 36 species (over 200 Ts), and the number is increasing weekly. To make matters worse (better), my wife has started her own collection and now has 7 spiders she calls her own. I thought I'd join this forum so that I can continue to acquire more information.

Comment

• Hi Joey, welcome to the forum, nice to have someone from the other side of the pond.

Comment

• Hey there folks!

I've been an avid arachnid fan since my early days, and having come to University, was finally able to shrug off the "No spiders in my house!" rule my mother had. Ironicly, my first was a Pterinochilus chordatus (a lovely female I still have) and my girlfriends first was none other than a Hetroscodra maculata.
                              Deep end, maybe, but we were both confident with them, and haven't ever had problems.

Nearly a year on and the collection is now a nice round 25, plus the scorpion, 3 water dragons, bearded dragon, 2 corn snakes, amazon tree boa and the cat. I joined the BTS back earlier this year but for some silly reason haven't touched the boards properly 'til now.

So, that's me. Ex-Cyber Security and Computer Forensics student, wannabe-arachnologist and, given chance, exotic pet-store co-owner

See you on the boards, I guess!

The Collection

Comment

• Hi Benjamin, welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll find lots of interest, and there's always good advice on hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X