Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Karl, welcome to the forum, you've got 2 good starter T's, the red knee's scientific name is Brachypelma Smithi, I'm sure you will find lots of interest and help on the forum.

Sorry Peter, did'nt realise you'd already put on the scientific names for Karl
    Last edited by Mrs Linda Street; 28-02-09, 05:59 PM. Reason: mistake

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs Linda Street View Post
      Hi Karl, welcome to the forum, you've got 2 good starter T's, the red knee's scientific name is Brachypelma Smithi, I'm sure you will find lots of interest and help on the forum.

Sorry Peter, did'nt realise you'd already put on the scientific names for Karl
      Its no problem Linda btw what t's do you keep?

Comment

• Hi Peter, we've got 50 + now, mostly the bigger ones, Theraphosas, Lasiodoras, C. Crawshayis, some Brachys, Acanthoscurria's, Aphonpelmas, O.B.T's etc, etc., we've just got a Theraphosa Burgundy Blondi large female last week, but they are very addictive.

Comment

• I got my first tarantula around 2-3 months back and now I have 41 with over 20 arriving soon lol.
          Nice t's btw with the BTS and Kettering im gonna end up with hundreds tbh lol xD
          The addiction does hit you hard very hard tbh well it has me lol.

Comment

• Peter, you don't hang around, that's good going in that space of time, lol and with the BTS show in May, I'm sure there's going to be some irisistable T's there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs Linda Street View Post
              Peter, you don't hang around, that's good going in that space of time, lol and with the BTS show in May, I'm sure there's going to be some irisistable T's there.
              Aye I dont lol, im sure there will be lol I should really be saving but I keep buying more t's lol im nearly skint atm though.
              So hopefully I will have some cash for the BTS show
              Im mainly into old world and arboreal tbh and thats what I will be looking for mainly, may try and get some dwarf sp.

Comment

• Hi peter

im new to the forum (and a new BTS member). Ive been keeping Ts for the past 13 years, although I had somewhat a hiatus from the hobby due to work and family commitments over the last few, this changed when my partner Victoria suprised me with a Theraphosa blondi sling as a christmas present (what a woman ) ive since added a few more sp to my small but steadily growing collection including, C.crawshayis, B.bohemi, A.geniculata and the token G.rosea or five lol, I am also exited about attending the show in may and hope to pick up various captive bred
                poecilotheria sp for future breeding projects, any way its nice being here and a look forward to becoming a active member of the forum and society in the future

mattie

Last edited by Matthew Davies; 04-03-09, 09:31 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Hi Matthew,

I will also be looking for pokies at the show and lots of avics.
                  I got a few more Grammostola Rosea today I had 6(3 RCF, 3 NCF) but I got 10 more RCF today

Peter.

Comment

• Hi Matthew, welcome to the forum and am sure you will find lots of interest.

Comment

• Hi linda, and yes lots to keep my interest on here, been reading through old posts for the last few hours, such a great resource

peter have you noticed any differances in behaviour between ncfs and rcfs G rosea. my rcfs seem a lot more skittish and unpredictable with bigger appetites than my ncfs just wondering whether it has anything to do with the cf or if its just the individuals traits, as in my experiance G rosea seem to be anything but predictable
                      Last edited by Matthew Davies; 04-03-09, 06:56 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew Davies View Post
                        Hi linda and yes lots to keep my interest on here been reading through old posts for the last few hours such a great resource

peter have you noticed any differances in behaviour between ncf and rcf G rosea. my rcf seem a lot more skittish and unpredictable with bigger appetites than my ncf just wondering whether it has anything to do with the cf or if its just the individuals traits, as in my in my experiance G rosea seem to be anything but predictable
                        Hi Matthew,

I have indeed noticed that RCF seem to be more agressive, grow alot faster also and are always hungry, quite skittish.

Peter.

Comment

• Hello

I have spent the last few days reading this forum, and now I think I am finally ready to make my introduction

Hi My Name is Maria, I am 41, and 2 years ago I fell in love with a friend of mines Brazillian white knee, I have always had a great fear of spiders, yet I had the greatest respect and fascination for them,
                          so I have finally now convinced my partner that we should be the proud parents of one, (Yes one!!!)

I have spent the last 12 months researching, there is no way I want to take on such a exotic without knowing everything there is to know about them, I am amazed at how much there is to learn about these beautiful creatures,

I will of course be visiting the BTS show in May, because anything I can learn is bound to be beneficial,

So all I have to do now is purchase him/her,
                          any advice on the best place to buy, or would it be better to wait till the BTS show and buy from there...

I must also add, thankyou for having such a great source of information,
                          I never would have gone ahead without it

Comment

• Welcome Maria, I had to look twice as my supervisor is Maria Clarke too, for a minute I thought her visit to my spider room had paid of lol.
                            spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

• thats what happens lol,
                              people see the spiders up close, and they just cant help falling for them

they seem to get such bad press, but if people just take a moment to look a little closer, they would find out what fascinating creatures they are...

but I dont need to tell anyone from here that now do I???

Comment

• Not really love lol. I think we have all fallen in love with them.
                                spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Working...
                                X