Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More bad press for tarantulas, with my email to BBC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris Sainsbury View Post
    I did write quite a long reply but decieded to delete it. Why? well because I think Louise summed up most of what I was thinking.

Getting wound up about a little bit of missinformation about spiders is like a train spotter going ape because someone told him the wrong last number on a carrige that just went by.

almost as bad as a common names are a waste of time type thread.
    cheers
    chris

But common names are a waste of time!

Comment

*hug hug*.

Comment

Oli just to put you in the picture this issue was some two years ago and at the time the BTS were approached and we commented on it a number of times to both the press and the Tv people.

The guy in question thought it would be funny. he was dealt with by the authorities and the spider was unharmed.

Things like this rubbish unfortunatly sell newspapers and get ratings on the TV. The BTS deal with many of these scarmingering stories daily.

Rest assued mate when it needs to be done.......we do it.

Best wishes

Ray
        British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
        The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
        On
        [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Yeah, I guess I did waste my typing typing; they probably wont even read the email anyway
          depends on how you look at it. If it made you feel better then it was worth while....If you hope that anyone from the BBC news reads it and takes note other than an aultimated email reply then yep that was about 5 minutes of your life gone up the spout.
          hopefully there are no hard feelings anymore mate
          Can't really remember having any. I might have said to myself prat but thats as far as it went on my side (except the Oli Dodds picture dart board that is). Really grudges are a waste of my time so never put any thought into them apart from two people but I wont bore the forum with all that.
          Winding people up can be fun though even if you have to keep looking for web sites
          I guess Im just trying to fight a losing battle to bring tarantulas out of the dark and into the light, so people dont go 'you keep tarantulas in your bedroom? Thats disgusting and dangerous, your crazy!!!' whenever they find out what i do.
          I will proberly always be like this when it comes to any type of creepy crawlies, and to be honest is this not fun? I mean those funny questions about if they can kill you by just looking at you, eat you in your sleep or even fly!
          Thing is if they are interested they will listin and take it in. If not they will pretend to listin out of politness then go home, watch The Giant Spider Invasion and believe once more you can be "chewed up worse then dem der cows".
          And to be honest I wouldn't want it any other way.
          cheers
          Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Kate Arbon View Post
            But common names are a waste of time!
            Explain Why?

Comment

depends on how you look at it. If it made you feel better then it was worth while....
              It did release some of my anger from when i read the article, yes.

I might have said to myself prat but thats as far as it went on my side (except the Oli Dodds picture dart board that is).
              Dart board, LOL
              I can see those going up for sale on the streets of Germany in the near future if I keep misbehaving LOL

and to be honest is this not fun?
              Damn right it is!!

And to be honest I wouldn't want it any other way.
              And to be honest... me niether

Comment

Thanks to your response too Ray, i wasnt aware that the BTS had been a part of that incident, but im glad somebody with some know-how was
                Im glad the spider wasnt harmed either

Comment

This is/was a particularly good read, enjoyed it emensely.

I would like to add that *Chris Sainsbury Dart Boards* and *12 inch Action Figures* will be on sale at the BTS expo.
                  Get'em whilst they last !!!!
                  Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Darts or pins, mmmm! what do I have most of?
                    My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
                      ....*12 inch Action Figures* will be on sale at the BTS expo.
                      Get'em whilst they last !!!!
                      Actually I want an 18 inch one, with a motion sensor so it talks everytime I walk past it!! hehehe

Comment

Just applying for the patent Lou

Comment

LMAO!!! Don't forget the *real feel* skin, moving eyes and an internal voice recorder!!

Comment

So whats my cut on this Colin? Have you plugged the "pull a cord and he gobs on you, kicks you in the nackers and runs away action figures" also?

Comment

Have you plugged the "pull a cord and he gobs on you, kicks you in the nackers and runs away action figures" also?
                              LMAO....ooohhh hell...I've got a stitch from laughing so much!!
                              I definitely gotta have one of those outside my door ready for dealing with the door-to-door salesmen!!

Comment

BTS 50/50 of course Chris.

I shall also appologise to Oli for taking a good thread completely off track and await the summoning for the cat 'o' nine tails from Admin.

Comment

Working...
                                X